Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Tango Fare change fee increase to $60

Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada will raise the change fee for "Tango" Fare from $40 to $60, effective 07FEB08.

However, for Tango ticket issued before 07FEB08, you'll need to send email to Air Canada asking for $20 refund.

Same day airport change remains at $150.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
It used to be $30 not so long ago. Is a live person fee added on top ?

Why do they punish us? Why not hit the people who incur tangible costs for the airline:

Big announcement from United Airlines this morning: Domestic passengers will have to pony up $25 to check a second piece of luggage...It applies to customers purchasing nonrefundable domestic economy tickets who do not have either at least premier status in United's Mileage Plus programs, or silver status in a Star Alliance program.

...About 25 percent of its travelers check a second bag, according to United, and the airline believes its new surcharge will generate $100 million in revenue a year,

Last edited by Tangoer; Feb 6, 2008 at 7:59 pm Reason: typos
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jiml1126
Air Canada will raise the change fee for "Tango" Fare from $40 to $60, effective 07FEB08.

However, for Tango ticket issued before 07FEB08, you'll need to send email to Air Canada asking for $20 refund.

Same day airport change remains at $150.
Again, obviously a move that is simply arrogant and likely against contract law with respect to previously purchased tickets. Who makes up this stuff? They must just have a department of "were not happy until you're not happy". If the fee was $40 in the contract you just cannot retroactively change it to $60 and force someone through a PAINFUL refund process
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Again, obviously a move that is simply arrogant and likely against contract law with respect to previously purchased tickets. Who makes up this stuff? They must just have a department of "were not happy until you're not happy". If the fee was $40 in the contract you just cannot retroactively change it to $60 and force someone through a PAINFUL refund process
But isn't this precisely what you would expect of AC's management culture of arrogance?

Actually, there even seems to be some progress here. Sounds like they figured out changing retroactively would violate their current contractual obligation.

So they came up with that crazy refunding scheme. I can't help but finding the whole thing downright hilarious.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tangoer
I

Why do they punish us?

Because you are cheap?

(And they'll get away with it.)
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Because you are cheap?

(And they'll get away with it.)

Everyone has their price, or should I say cost. I'll bet more and more people are eyeing the more cheaply priced Porter flight passes these days...

Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone has their price, or should I say cost. I'll bet more and more people are eyeing the more cheaply priced Porter flight passes these days...

I sure hope so. Give AC a run for the money.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll bet more and more people are eyeing the more cheaply priced Porter flight passes these days...

Sure won't be difficult to motivate Leslievillers into that move.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
We all have to try to support Porter... otherwise we will lose them and the island airport
However the first step is to get rid of Mayor Miller
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
However the first step is to get rid of Mayor Miller
I'm glad I reside in 905 as he doesn't represent us. But hey the bright spot is at least he didn't call the army for snow removal on Dec 16th.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
He should call the ARMY in now!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the only way Ontario gets it tax money back
Hey we have small back laneways bring on the army! [ I live in the inner city]
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:06 am

Yes, Miller is leading the charge in the War on the Middle Class.

Let's review: he drove the city into near bankruptcy and then hit us with a new land transfer tax this year (adds ~$4000 to sale of a $400k house), cut progams for kids, refuses to fund the TTC (monthly pass just hiked another 10%, TTC considers closing the Shepard Subway and a dozen routes), refused to build a simple bridge to YTZ to aid the local economy; and, considers a toll for cars entering the city!
I did not vote for him.

OK this is slightly off topic from a Tango change free increase, but...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.