Air Tahiti Nui - AAdvantage Special Award: JFK-PPT for 30K

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:44 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Air Tahiti Nui - AAdvantage Special Award: JFK-PPT for 30K

(Translation courtesy google.com...)

Special Travel Award to travel on Air Tahiti Nui between New York and Papeete - Save up 45000 miles!

Airline: Air Tahiti Nui
Prize: Special Travel Award to travel in Economy Class on flights by Air Tahiti between New York / JFK and Papeete, French Polynesia (Tahiti).

Dates valid for travel: Between January 20 and May 31, 2008. Travel must be completed no later than May 31, 2008.

Bid: For a limited time, fly on Air Tahiti Nui between New York / JFK and Papeete, roundtrip Economy Class by only 30000 AAdvantage miles and discover the tranquillity paradise of Tahiti and its Islands (up 45000 miles unless a prize regulate *).

Book your prize by calling your local AA Reservations ®.

For more information on Air Tahiti Nui and flight itineraries, visit www.airtahitinui-usa.com. Contact the Department of Reservations

Restrictions: This Special Award Travel is valid for travel on Air Tahiti Nui, in economy class on the same plane, between New York / JFK and Papeete, French Polynesia. Travel must commence between January 20 and May 31, 2008, and must be completed no later than May 31, 2008. Connecting flights on American Airlines ®, American Eagle ®, American Connection ®, or any other airline are not included in this special prize, are only included flights by Air Tahiti Nui, in a single plane, between New York / JFK and Papeete. The prize is valid for roundtrip travel, originating at New York / JFK or in Papeete. The spaces to book award tickets are subject to seat availability and capacity controls. There may not be spaces available for award tickets on all flights. This award is available to all members of the AAdvantage program residents of any country.

Link to aa.com.

EDIT: If an AAgent has trouble finding this award for you, please have them locate the award by using the following codes:

STN30A
AVPPT1

Last edited by LRD; Jan 18, 2008 at 9:01 pm
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plt
Is it usual that some offers are only on the Spanish-language side of AA? And am I right to think that we can only get this by calling up AA? My goodness I may try for two tickets if so!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
WOW!!!! This sounds too good to be true. Has anyone found any available dates?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:12 pm

How did you find this, LRD? I couldn't trace it from AA.com.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:13 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ajohn
How did you find this, LRD? I couldn't trace it from AA.com.
Lucky, I guess.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone called yet? sounds like a great getaway!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by exc3ll
Has anyone called yet? sounds like a great getaway!
I'm on the phone now, but so far they don't have a clue what I'm talking about! And that's fair enough, LRD, Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited by Ajohn; Jan 17, 2008 at 5:41 pm
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If only there was a J or F special too... Sigh.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I called and the agent couldn't find anything about this special. Has anyone had any success?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:48 pm

No luck for me

Spent about an hour on the phone with reservations and web services, but with no luck. They just can't bring it up in their system. Their best guess at the end was that this was only available for targeted residents of the Caribbean. If anyone has any luck, or finds this on the main site, please respond or PM me! Now off to do some real work...
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
30k for Papeete is great savings-strange they don't offer it from LAX since the JFK service stops there both ways. Air Tahiti Nui is fine when things run as planned but be warned they are sub-par in irregular operations.

Numerous complaints on this site. A buddy, part of 12 from GoGo, the tour side company of Liberty Travel were no so please with their return flight. As they were to access the international check-in area at PPT, TN delayed their 3 evening departures 5 hours each and kept the int'l check-in closed. No representative of the airline to answer questions or provide any assistance. With the rescheduled departure times, the opening of check-in was delayed 5 hours so approximately 800 pax had to deal with the delay with their luggage. No explanation or apology offered for the delay. Checking flight status is not easy or reliable-changes in flight time are not updated to the TN website. When the website posted the delayed flight close to LAX arrival, I called TN rez line 15 minutes later to confirm flight arrival in LAX and get updated arrival into JFK. The agent could not confirm LAX arrival-in the end the flight arrived one hour later.

TN was aware they were transporting travel agents who they hope will book their services for clients and they did not attempt to appease them or even apologize for the delay. Just be advised not to expect much in event of
irregular operation and prepare to fend for yourself. Delays, cancelation, and irregular ops are inconvenient during domestic travel but with the longhaul
to PPT the unpleasantness is magnified particularly if the carrier makes no attempt to appease and assist its customers.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can you post the award code? The EXP desk can't find it...

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2008, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There is no award code listed on the web page with the offer.

As LRD included the page link in the OP, I will repeat it - it still works.

Link: Premio de Viaje Especial Con Air Tahiti Nui
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
Restrictions Translated

This Special Award Travel is valid for travel on Air Tahiti Nui, in economy class on the same plane, between New York / JFK and Papeete, French Polynesia. Travel must commence between January 20 and May 31, 2008, and must be completed no later than May 31, 2008. Connecting flights on American Airlines ®, American Eagle ®, American Connection ®, or any other airline are not included in this special prize, are only included flights by Air Tahiti Nui, in a single plane, between New York / JFK and Papeete .. The prize is valid for roundtrip travel, originating at New York / JFK or in Papeete. The spaces to book award tickets are subject to seat availability and capacity controls. There may not be spaces available for award tickets on all flights. This award is available to all members of the AAdvantage program residents of any country.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Wow... that is a great deal~!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.