Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Sat in urine for entire flight...EEEWWWWWW!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K

Yes that is correct! Flying from ORD-EWR 30 Dec (full flight) my parter sat in his seat (9A) and about halfway through the flight notices his butt is moist, he thought it might be swamp a$$! But soon realized that it wasn't and his rear was wet from something that was in the seat! I picked him up and he comments his pants are wet.

Get home and he changes his clothes and I happen to actually smell his jeans and I was revolted to smell urine! He couldn't get into the shower fast enough!

We immediately call AA and explain the situation and ask that the plane/seat get cleaned. The comment was that customer care was closed until Monday, well actually they were closed until Wednesday 2 Jan. AA couldn't tell him whether the plane had been cleaned at EWR or not! I certainly hope that it was and if someone sat in that seat don't blame him!!!

They did offer him a nice addition of points to his AA account.^

Has this ever happened to anyone else and what do you do during the flight without any blankets to sit on?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:14 pm

and we thought the vomit on the window thread was bad. GROSS!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by NJTravelers
Yes that is correct! Flying from ORD-EWR 30 Dec (full flight) my parter sat in his seat (9A) and about halfway through the flight notices his butt is moist, he thought it might be swamp a$$! But soon realized that it wasn't and his rear was wet from something that was in the seat! I picked him up and he comments his pants are wet.

Get home and he changes his clothes and I happen to actually smell his jeans and I was revolted to smell urine!
he sat in the seat for nearly 50-70 minutes and didn't realize that the seat he was sitting in was wet when he first sit down....please pardon the pun, but this smells fishy to me.

Good will on AA for giving you mileage, but I notice the instant I sit down if my seat is wet or not. He should have immediately told the FAs that his seat was wet, that way, the FAs can inform the pilots to have the seat changed once it arrives so the next pax doesn't encounter the same thing. Shame on him for not informing anyone until a few days later....and now it's nearly 12 days after that you inform FT?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
he sat in the seat for nearly 50-70 minutes and didn't realize that the seat he was sitting in was wet when he first sit down....please pardon the pun, but this smells fishy to me.

Good will on AA for giving you mileage, but I notice the instant I sit down if my seat is wet or not. He should have immediately told the FAs that his seat was wet, that way, the FAs can inform the pilots to have the seat changed once it arrives so the next pax doesn't encounter the same thing. Shame on him for not informing anyone until a few days later....and now it's nearly 12 days after that you inform FT?
Is it possible the passenger made the seat wet himself?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
that's what I was thinking....hence the goodwill on AAs part in awarding mileage
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Try to notice before the flight starts. This happened to me once (not sure it was urine; the seat cushion was just wet). It was a full flight, so they couldn't move me or switch the cushion. They were going to hold the departure until maintenance brought a dry one -- but then a non-rev agreed to sit on the wet cushion with blankets on top.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

No he didn't make the seat wet...and yes it was a while before he noticed it...jeans, tucked shirt etc. That's different that a pair of dress pants.

I forgot to post on here....my bad, been working etc. I was waiting for the final resolution from AA. His request!

We got on the phone to AA as soon as we got home and discovered what it was. We both thought that someone had spilled a bottle of water - while uncomfortable it's understandable! Never thought someone had urinated on the seat!!!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:28 pm

No he didn't make the seat wet...and yes it was a while before he noticed it...jeans, tucked shirt etc. That's different that a pair of dress pants.

I forgot to post on here....my bad, been working etc. I was waiting for the final resolution from AA. His request!

We got on the phone to AA as soon as we got home and discovered what it was. We both thought that someone had spilled a bottle of water - while uncomfortable it's understandable! Never thought someone had urinated on the seat!!!
Mind telling us how you can prove that it was urine? in the seat?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Get home and he changes his clothes and I happen to actually smell his jeans and I was revolted to smell urine! He couldn't get into the shower fast enough!

We immediately call AA and explain the situation and ask that the plane/seat get cleaned. The comment was that customer care was closed until Monday, well actually they were closed until Wednesday 2 Jan. AA couldn't tell him whether the plane had been cleaned at EWR or not! I certainly hope that it was and if someone sat in that seat don't blame him!!!

They did offer him a nice addition of points to his AA account.^

Has this ever happened to anyone else and what do you do during the flight without any blankets to sit on?
He didn't notice for 70 minutes? Jeans? Tucked in shirt? I've worn both (although I like to rock untucked), and when sitting on a wet cushion, I've noticed it within 5 seconds. The laws of osmosis do not allow for it to take so long. Sorry. Something else happened. You need to face it.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

How do we know....I know what it smells like! We smelled his jeans when he got home...

The plane was full, hot and late and no he didn't wet himeself! He's a 33 year old, healthy guy! I am actually offended that you guys think he peed in the seat or on himself! Give us / him some credit! We are well educated, well traveled individuals and know how to respect things, including an AA seat!

We contacted AA as soon as we got home! It was late in ewr when he got in so we waited until arriving home.

So obviously he didn't handle like you would, sorry!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:00 pm

How do we know....I know what it smells like! We smelled his jeans when he got home...

The plane was full, hot and late and no he didn't wet himeself! He's a 33 year old, healthy guy! I am actually offended that you guys think he peed in the seat or on himself! Give us / him some credit! We are well educated, well traveled individuals and know how to respect things, including an AA seat!

We contacted AA as soon as we got home! It was late in ewr when he got in so we waited until arriving home.

So obviously he didn't handle like you would, sorry!
I can get you booked on the Today Show, Oprah, and a dozen other huge shows. Care to tell your story on the air?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage, Marriott Gold
Not to be bias, but to blame AA on this one is iffy. Im sure if the AA/flight crew knew about this prior to leaving they would have changed it. If the person that was sitting there on the inbound flight doesnt tell anyone, no one is going to find out unless theres enough of it to make a visible pool. But not to notice until the flight is half over?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA/CO/UA Marriott
Are you sure that you were not flying Continental?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Platinum Marriott, AA Gold, Silver NW
great good will on AA's part to give you points
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I can get you booked on the Today Show, Oprah, and a dozen other huge shows. Care to tell your story on the air?
I'm sure that's what a well-traveled well-educated would want to do, go on Oprah or any other national show and admit to sitting in urine for an hour without noticing. Also swamp a$$, incredibly educated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.