Chase and Premier Associate

Old Jan 10, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Chase and Premier Associate

Received an email that says I will get 21,000 plus Premeir Associate status for a year if I get the card....

Had a card a few years ago - but cancelled. T&C say that it is first time only - which I have seen before, but wondered if anyone else has had luck getting a card again?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Got this same offer last year.

I previously had a Chase MP card for many years before canceling it 2 years ago.

I took the offer in Feb, but it took almost 8 weeks to get the status on my account. I also had to purchase a certain amount on my card to "activate" the status.

I'll be interested to see if it is a continuous perk or if my status disappears on 2/29.

---Matt
Old Jan 10, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
There was another thread recently that talked about the Platinum Visa and sign-up bonuses. An FTer there mentioned that his wife had been a previous cardmember but not for a few years, and did receive the bonus. I suspect if you had a few years since your last Chase MP card, you'll also receive the bonus.

This appears to be a new promo, too... never seen them giving out 3P for the card. As much as I like the 3P nominations (I spent 2 years as a 3P, and will likely again in the future), this does not sit well with me... it's one thing to give them out to elites who fly a certain amount, it's quite another to make it "open to the public" just for getting a CC. There may be a huge flood of 3Ps soon, and that does not bode well.

Hopefully this offer is very narrowly targeted...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Welcome to FT mmayer!
Old Jan 10, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Just got this offer as well, for the 21,000 miles, first year free, and 3P status through Feb 2009...

Plus, after your first purchase, receive the elite benefits that come with Premier Associate® status valid through February 28, 2009. Enjoy special services including priority check-in, priority boarding and preferred upgrade clearance. Elite status also brings you access to Economy Plus® with up to five extra inches of legroom and a dedicated customer service phone number.

Now I just applied for a Chase Platinum within the last week to bulk up my EQMs for this year to hopefully get to 1P asap. Any idea if I apply for this (to at least guarantee E+ until I can rack up the EQMs) will they deny the offer since technically this is not my first Chase MP card (by only a couple of days!)?

Thinking about just submitting online and seeing what happens...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by msg75
Thinking about just submitting online and seeing what happens...
Why would you need 3P status, since you're a 2P? Or is your status expiring? You could always sign up a family member who needs status.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cepheid
Why would you need 3P status, since you're a 2P? Or is your status expiring? You could always sign up a family member who needs status.
It's expiring...

Only one long haul all last year (ord-ogg) on UAL. Unfortunately I have zero need to travel for business so all of my travel is for pleasure. This year I'm starting early and have vowed to make a bunch of MR/mini-vacations to pick up at least 2P again (would love to get 1P, but we'll see...)

Off to MUC next Friday for the long weekend (all my friends think it's nuts to fly to Germany for 3 days...how can I explain if I ever make a MR to SIN for the weekend! )

Last edited by msg75; Jan 10, 2008 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 10, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Of to MUC next Friday for the long weekend (all my friends think it's nuts to fly to Germany for 3 days...how can I explain if I ever make a MR to SIN for the weekend! )
Just wait till you are doing depart sat return sun US --> EU runs. Try explaining that.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Just wait till you are doing depart sat return sun US --> EU runs. Try explaining that.
I think I would keep those to myself!

Honestly, my friends think a 3 day trip to MUC is nuts and that's technically not even a MR...would love to do the 6 hr turnaround in SIN just to have done it. But if I ever told anyone in the non-FT universe they would have me committed...

At least my gf understands that any status I get spills over to her...that makes it a little bit easier to sell...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Gold, SPG Gold

Off to MUC next Friday for the long weekend (all my friends think it's nuts to fly to Germany for 3 days...how can I explain if I ever make a MR to SIN for the weekend! )
hmm.. I am doing it for a short weekend! ... but that's off the topic
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Anyone have a link to this offer online?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Anyone have a link to this offer online?
There was a link in the e-mail to "Apply Today", but it looks like it's a targeted offer since the link goes to www.mymileageplus.com/.... with about fifty random letters and numbers after that. (You actually wind up at firstusa.com).

Submitted the app...it'll be interesting to see if it conflicts with the Chase MP Platinum I applied for a couple days ago.

Here's the link to the offer details...

www.united.com/mpf098
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Once you get to FirstUSA (really Chase), the link is no longer specific to you. It'll be a long link, for sure, but that's not tied to the email you opened or to your account.

Would you mind sharing that link?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:26 am

Programs: Some good, some bad
Originally Posted by cepheid
This appears to be a new promo, too... never seen them giving out 3P for the card. As much as I like the 3P nominations (I spent 2 years as a 3P, and will likely again in the future), this does not sit well with me... it's one thing to give them out to elites who fly a certain amount, it's quite another to make it "open to the public" just for getting a CC. There may be a huge flood of 3Ps soon, and that does not bode well.
I agree. Its a bad idea.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

USAirways has for quite some time offered the equivalent of 3P for its cardholders (and not as a targeted offer). No E+ of course, but early boarding... F checkin... even the possibility of space available upgrades.

It just underscores the value proposition inherent in co-branded credit cards, cardholders are in some sense 'elite customers' of Mileage Plus, at least when they spend at a reasonably high threshold. (It's also why hotel programs offer status based on credit card spend, and why several credit cards offer airline EQMs for spend as well.)

So I see this as a natural extension, even if it produces real crowding potentially for E+.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.