5 hour layover in Shanghai airport (PVG) - what to do?

Subscribe
Next Tuesday, I land at PVG at 3:25 PM and my connecting flight to PEK doesn't leave until 9:15 PM. I know that I will have to pass through Customs and then be ready to board the 9:15 PM flight early, but assume that will give me about 4-5 hours of free time.

Does anyone have any idea what to do during that time? My first flight is on AA (Plat status) but my connecting flight is on China Eastern (non OneWorld) so therefore no lounge access. I have AMEX Plat card but no lounge in PVG is listed at their web site (also have Visa and MC but don't see lounge access for them).

Any idea if there is a quiet corner to sit in and just watch movies on computer? Are there power outlets available anywhere? Any decent food?

I have the same thing on the way home the following week - about 4 hours free time. Any help is appreciated.
You could go to the food court behind the Maglev entrance for eating. Much more variety than in the generic terminal building restaurants. As for relatively quiet corners, there is a coffee shop in one end of landside departure evel that could be described as secluded.

Airside is pretty boring if you don't have lounge access.
If you feel like exploring you can take the Maglev to town, then catch a cab to Pudong downtown (around the Oriental Pearl Tower). Just make sure you leave enough time for the train ride back to the airport.