Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Subscribe
Does anyone know the prices of the various excursions offered by the resort, such as Snorkeling, fishing, the deserted island picnics, etc.?

Thanks
Quote: Does anyone know the prices of the various excursions offered by the resort, such as Snorkeling, fishing, the deserted island picnics, etc.?

Thanks
I recommend downloading the app. It lists the excursions with prices.

https://maruhaba.menumv.com/?target=...&params=%7B%7D
Quote: Is there a way to see a calendar or weekly layout of what restaurants are open what days and for what meals? The Maruhaba app has "today" and "tomorrow" but it's difficult to use that to plan meals.

Or I could just hit up MaldivesFreak prior to departure
Sure, NP! If you want to take a look now there are posts maybe 10 pages or so back in the thread that have pics of the restaurant opening times from Mon - Sun.

Quote: Does anyone know the prices of the various excursions offered by the resort, such as Snorkeling, fishing, the deserted island picnics, etc.?

Thanks
If you don't use the app, there should be links to the Weekly Planner in the wiki.
Quote: Sure, NP! If you want to take a look now there are posts maybe 10 pages or so back in the thread that have pics of the restaurant opening times from Mon - Sun.
I found this post (and the images in this post is the sort of thing I'm looking for) on January 29, 2021 from babyg_wc about "valentines weekend and the following week" as well as a similar post on March 24, 2021 from PointsAdams but I'm not sure where these came from nor either's validity during renovation times. Where did these schedules come from and is there a way I can obtain them?

I also found jphripjah's post about set tables for Vilu and The Wine Cellar on Fridays during renovations, which is also helpful.

This is all driving toward the end goal of presenting Mrs. SparkyX with options/thoughts/a plan so we can pull the trigger on reservations before we get to CMRI.

Thanks much for everyone's help!
Not that it matters at the moment since Dec 24th 2021 through Jan 9 2022 are already booked with regards to WV, but Conrad contact told me that there were 7 night minimums instituted during that timeframe to book WV's. For dates outside of that, there are no minimums night restrictions to book WVs. With that being said - take that with a grain of salt as obviously other posters have mentioned that they could only find availability at a week at at time along with I had to ask a couple of times about the minimum nights to the same person - so I'm not sure if there are some communication errors.
We're now up to the last five straight days, Tuesday-Saturday, of the Gold/Diamond happy hour being held at Ufaa Beach.

I wonder if this is a permanent change.

If it is, it's a shame.

Cocktails at Mandhoo sitting over the green/blue sparkling water is much nicer and feels like more of an exclusive event than cocktails at Ufaa Beach (the same place most people eat breakfast) looking at the jetty.

So this week we have breakfast at Ufaa Beach, Champagne & Lobster BBQ dinner at Ufaa Beach, Manager's reception at Ufaa Beach, Gold & Diamond happy hour at Ufaa Beach.

The Ufaa Beach happy hour served under the big multi-purpose tarp feels a bit like an afterthought. You can't sit in Ufaa (not that I'd want to) because they are setting it up for dinner at that time. They were also setting up chairs/tables for some other event right nearby, perhaps a wedding.

We went once. The service was really slow. We arrive at 4:10 p.m. and the waiter took our order and then the same waiter took the orders of eight other guests before trudging off 30 meters to the service bar and coming back with our drinks at 4:25 p.m.

I'd much rather just go to Rangali Bar and pay for drinks served promptly then sit there herded under the tent with other Gold/Diamond members waiting and waiting for drinks just because they are free.
brodielayne likes this.
March WV are likely all booked- they dont have a heap, people are planning next year to be more open/free for travel and they became bookable 12 days ago, plenty of time for them to book out.
there is definitely a minimum stay requirement; whether it is intentional or accidental carry over and no one has bothered to fix it, if you didnt search for 7 nights youll have found nothing.

based on all this, Ill be searching for April from May 1 with a minimum 7 nights, then muck around with options once I find it.

This minimum stay is even more likely in April due to Easter- I have in writing from Moli that they had a ?5?6 (need to check) night minimum in 2019 over Easter
Quote: Gold & Diamond BBQ at Ufaa Beach.
???
Quote: ???
Sorry that should read Gold & Diamond happy hour at Ufaa Beach, I'll change it.
motef likes this.
Seaplane transfer
Do they fill the seaplane up to capacity?

Anyone going from US has transfer via Doha recently? How bad is the long transit at the airport in the QR lounge?

Covid test coming back to US, how much? What is the Conrad's plan if one test positive ? Can you request a retest?
Seaplane: Usually to capacity or only 1 or 2 seats free.

Testing: Price is here in the thread. Best to ask the resort for the last 2 parts of your question.
Quote: Do they fill the seaplane up to capacity?

Anyone going from US has transfer via Doha recently? How bad is the long transit at the airport in the QR lounge?

Covid test coming back to US, how much? What is the Conrad's plan if one test positive ? Can you request a retest?
The QR lounge in Doha is quite nice. Spacious without many people. Restaurant with good food and drinks. Plenty of seating. Sleeping beds. Our 8 hour layover was still long, but the lounge was a big help.

Doha has a hotel in the terminal that it quite nice if you are there for awhile.

We had ~3.5 hour layover in Doha on the way there, ~8.5 hours on the return (overnight, 11:30 - 8 AM). The lounge is really nice, between checking out the airport shops, and food + shower in the lounge, the shorter layover passed very quickly.

On the return, we booked a room at the Oryx Airport Hotel. It is in the secure area, right near all the shops and gates, and they suggested checking out about an hour before the flight time, more or less as boarding is beginning. They said if we wanted breakfast in the lounge we could check out earlier, but as we were flying in business, it seemed silly to wake up an extra hour early just to have another breakfast before getting more food on the plane. We were asleep by midnight and woke up at 6:30, in time for a shower before boarding. Bags are checked through so pack a change of clothes in your carry-on if you want. I highly recommend the hotel option if you are there overnight.

There were always a few empty seats on the plane, but it was pretty full. It only holds 15 people, expect most rows to have a person or two, even if the plane is not completely full. On both the outbound and the return, the seaplane stopped at another hotel in the same atoll, 5-10 minutes away from ours, before continuing on. This meant that it got much less crowded after the stop for the final few minutes of our flight there, and had a few extra people after the stop on the way back.

Our host told us that they are required to keep some percentage of available rooms unsold for quarantine purposes in case anyone tests positive, and he said there was one couple when we were where that one of the two had tested positive. He said that the positive case had no symptoms and he expected that they would retest after a couple of days and get cleared to leave, but I do not have any confirmation aside from this anecdote. No idea how/if /what they charge if you're stuck there after your stay, what they do for food or how long they require waiting, or what happens if there is a symptomatic case or one requiring medical attention. Best to check with the hotel directly.
llfoster likes this.
Thanks for all the helpful reply!

I will ask hotel directly about the positive test on departure.
39  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  59  99  149