Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Starwood AMEX Business Card Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
New Starwood AMEX Business Card Offer

I just received this offer for the Starwood Business card in an email today.

10,000 Starpoints with your first purchase.
15,000 Starpoints when you spend $15,000 in 6 months.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, UA 1K
Are there many FTers out there who have both the personal and business SPG cards?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Dakota, you beat me to the punch! I just received this offer also.

Seems to be a minor glitch if you click on the "Already a Cardmember?" link to get to the shorter application form--at the bottom of that form, it states that the annual fee for the Basic (personal) card is $30 after the first free year. That statement is dated 01/08/2008. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's the old rather than the current fee.

Scarpa, there's not problem having both the personal and business cards and getting sign-up bonuses for both. I had both until a few months ago, when I closed the business card (and combined its credit limit with that of my personal card) in order to avoid paying its annual fee.

I recall reading at some point on FT that, as per the T&C, you can't get bonus points again once you've had an SPG Amex business card. Still, I'll ask: Anyone had any experience with canceling a card and then getting bonus points for a new one later?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Unfortunately for me, I applied for the BC last week and they won't give me the 15,000 points for spending $15,000 in 6 months; just the 10,000 points. I guess I applied 4 days too soon. I haven't even received the new card yet.
Very disappointing.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by Scarpa257
Are there many FTers out there who have both the personal and business SPG cards?
Er, ah, well yes, This card has been out for some time now. I put almost a Million a year on it. I think I have had it for about a year now. I also use the SPG AMEX personal card as well for my personal expenses when I am between AA Citi Cards.

Jim
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Re Dakota's problem in post #4 above: I agree, a drag. BUT the T&C read:

"You may have more than one Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card account; however, if you have or had any such account you are not eligible to receive bonus Starpoints you may be offered for any other such account."

You might be in a different, better boat than someone who already has a Business CC. If you cancel your application before receiving the card or, if it's already in the mail, simply don't activate it (and go ahead and cancel it), it would seem that you never had an account. Could you try that in order to take advantage of the new offer?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you ThunderRoad
That is exactly what I was considering.
Once I actually get the card I'll call them and suggest that I'll cancel it in order to take advantage of the better offer. In the mean time, I'll just continue to use my Citi AA Business Card for my business expenses.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Link?

Any link for the biz card application. I can only find the personal card with 25K points.

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Here's the link
https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...299&shortApp=1
Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
thanks. but where does it say 25K bonus? I also open the regular app link (by clicking on "Return to standard application"), and it still says 10K bonus, not 25K.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Well it’s the old flyer talk adage, ask enough times and you may get the answer you want….
I called AX again and they say that I signed up for the business card between 11/12/07 and 2/29/08 (1/4/08) and the 10,000 point sign up bonus AND the 15,000 points for spending $15,000 in six months applies. I requested that a note be entered into my record verifying our conversation and AX agent confirmation. Got her employee ID too.

Yesterday, after 45 minutes on the telephone with AX they said tough luck, you applied for the card a few days early.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Ahhh.....this thread is about a "New Starwood AMEX Business Card Offer."

Some of the Asian properties (St Regis PEK, for example) used to offer to print up business cards for thier guests; however, they usually were not available until the 2nd day. I thought maybe this discussion would be about getting them printed earlier and ready upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.