Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,200 per Night for a Hampton?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Dia, SPG PT, National Exec Elite, MAR Silver, Ex UA 1K
$1,200 per Night for a Hampton?

I booked the Hampton in Juarez Mexico for Jan. 7 for two nights. Got a rate of $99 per night. Went to electronically check in today and noticed the rate was $1,120.50 per night for a total with tax over $2,400 for two nights. Called the Diamond desk, was informed the rate was correct for a standard room. While I like earning HHpoints, this is slightly above company policy After a long discussion, the D desk finally understood. Changed rate to $120.50, will argue when I get to the hotel.

It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error. Anyone else seen anything like this?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by illinifan
I booked the Hampton in Juarez Mexico for Jan. 7 for two nights. Got a rate of $99 per night. Went to electronically check in today and noticed the rate was $1,120.50 per night for a total with tax over $2,400 for two nights. Called the Diamond desk, was informed the rate was correct for a standard room. While I like earning HHpoints, this is slightly above company policy After a long discussion, the D desk finally understood. Changed rate to $120.50, will argue when I get to the hotel.

It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error. Anyone else seen anything like this?
System is programmed to recognize all Illiini fans.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:30 pm

I would have guessed it was quoted in local currency (Pesos). What is the exchange rate now?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: nothing but freebies
Originally Posted by alik19
I would have guessed it was quoted in local currency (Pesos). What is the exchange rate now?
Good call. 1 USD=11 peso so $99~1100 peso.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by edta450
Good call. 1 USD=11 peso so $99~1100 peso.
Wow, the US Dollar is still more valuable than the Mexican Peso?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA
...and they also use the $ sign down south, even if quoted in MXP currency
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Fiumicino
...and they also use the $ sign down south, even if quoted in MXP currency
I didn't realize that Malpensa has its own currency, much less that they use it in Mexico.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
I didn't realize that Malpensa has its own currency, much less that they use it in Mexico.
MXP is the currency code for MeXican Pesos.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Dovster
Sorry, I meant MXN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MXN
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SJC1K
MXP is the currency code for MeXican Pesos.
Oops! I missed the fact that the ISO 4217 currency code had changed when Mexico redenominated the peso.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by illinifan
...It seemed that someone put in an extra digit. I thought everything was computerized and thus impossible to make an error...

Computerization doesn't make errors "impossible." Human beings write the computer programs and human beings enter the data. Human beings still sometimes make mistakes in either process. @:-)

Of course, in this case it's actually a moot point, since the rate was apparently denominated in Mexican pesos anyhow. No mistake after all! Much ado about nothing!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.