[GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Subscribe
I am currently visiting my dad who is spending this semester abroad in Stockholm, and he I and were thinking about taking a ship over to Helsinki. I found one Starwood hotel there, the Hotel Kamp. Has anyone ever been there? Any experiences with upgrades? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

I found a rate for apx. $125 for 2 people which includes breakfast. This seems very reasonable to me. I just thought I would try to make sure that the hotel is not one to stay away from.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and only been part of the Starwood Group for a year or so. It is a very nice hotel as befits its Luxury Collection status. Service Good.
Most of the rooms are 1K beds, there are very few with 2 beds, the $125 rate only applies to 1K bed rooms as far as I can see.
As SPG Plat I was upgraded to Junior Suite (with 1K bed)
While I have never stayed there, friends have, and judging from what I have seen and heard, this is the best hotel in Helsinki. (I spend about 45 days in Helsinki; I usually stay at the SAS Plaza) and you can't beat the location of the Kamp, right on the Esplenadi.
Stayed there about 6 mos. ago. Really nice hotel and for a $125 its a real steal. Love hotels that have separate bath & showers. And the yellow rubber ducky for the bathtub was a nice touch! Nice breakfast buffet and friendly staff.

You'll def. enjoy your stay there
I was staying there once. I was having a free Friday there. I was a basic member by that time and got a junior suite. It had the nicest bathroom I ever seen. Yellow duck is really nice.

Enjoy your stay there. One of the nicest Sheratons I have stayed.
IMO, it is the best hotel in the Nordic countries. Excellent location, very nice spacious rooms, great food and an excellent fitness/sauna centre.
Hotel Kamp Helsinki - The Luxury Colletion [Master Thread]
I previously posted about my disappointment with Sheraton Stockholm. This time, I stayed at Lux Coll in Finland. Hotel Kamp is a classic hotel with great location in front of the Espalandi Park, close to shopping area. The staff is exceptionally friendly and courteous. Are the Finns more friendlier than the Swedish?? I got upgraded to Junior Suite with marble floor bathroom without asking!!! They offer me the upgrade when checking in. When inquiring about late check out, the staff told me I can stay until 4pm! We had a delicious lunch at the hotel restuarant, CK's (Carl Kamp's) Brasserie. The weekend rate I paid for was only approx USD118 per night including buffet breakfast! This is the only 5 star hotel in Helsinki!
I've stayed there too and it's an excellent hotel.

But let me add that many of my Finnish friends from Helsinki do not like it. The hotel and the restaurant are too ostentatious for some.

I disagree.

I stay there quite often, in fact every time I'm in Helsinki and I just love it! It really is an excellent hotel, both in terms of facilities (rooms, restaurants, health club) and service, which has always been impeccable. As a regular, they quite often upgrade me and the suites are really fantastic!

I highly recommend the Kamp to anyone travelling to Helsinki, and as sxchan wrote the rates are often a real bargain for a true luxury hotel.
Stayed at the Hotal Kamp on Sunday 18th November - a truly wonderful hotel. Service was impecable - room was one of the best I have stayed in´- wonderful bathroom - generous buffet breakfast.

The only fault I could find was my own - not getting there until after midnight and then checking out the next day. I will return.

Stephen
IMHO, it is the best hotel in Nordic countries, and one of the best Starwood city hotels I've stayed in. I recommend it to anyone visiting Helsinki. BTW, they have excellent value weekend rates, and even weekday rates are quite reasonable. Their suites are absolutely amazing.
Well, just rave reviews. I too truly enjoyed my recent stay. I will most defintley return when my travels take me to Helsinki and the good part is that the really do not have astronomical rates yet they are considered a top of the line hotel.
The Kamp is simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The hotel is small, however the rooms are to die for!..Nice heated marble floors in bathrooms..and THE MOST comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in...stayed there 4 times now...its also in a great loaction...if you find yourself in Helsinki...do not miss the Kamp!
1500 Shopping Bag
1500/3000 Afternoon Tea for 1 or 2
4500 Healthclub entrance+massage
3000 Flowers & chocolates
6000/15000 Sibelius Three Course Dinner for
1 or 2 with wine

750 Speciality Room Upgrade
1250 Exec Room Upgrade
10000 Suite Upgrade

Of course, there wasn't a suite available for my Platinum upgrade - in fact no upgrade at all was available.
I stayed there last weekend. No upgrade but upgrade available for points. I wonder if this is a new trend.

Don't like it at all.