Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in LIS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Transit in LIS

I'm thinking of doing a Mileage run to LIS.
I want to depart on the same aircraft as I was inbound.

When disembarking in LIS - will the passengers be segregated from the departing passengers, i.e. one need to go through customs/Security first, before getting into the departure hall - or will the passengers disembark straight into the departure lounge, where the passengers for the outbound flight is waiting?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:49 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Hi!
You'll have to go through immigration and then customs. After that, you'll be in the Arrivals Lounge, which is less then 5 mins. walk away from the check-in area and security control for international departures.
LIS is not the most pleasant airport for transit (you get bused all the time and the airport is rather small for the amount of traffic it has), but at least you'll be able to find your way easily.
Enjoy your ride
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:23 am

Where do you arrive from? Things will be different if you arrive from a Shengen country.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
I'm thinking of doing a Mileage run to LIS.
I want to depart on the same aircraft as I was inbound.

When disembarking in LIS - will the passengers be segregated from the departing passengers, i.e. one need to go through customs/Security first, before getting into the departure hall - or will the passengers disembark straight into the departure lounge, where the passengers for the outbound flight is waiting?

Thanks
LIS is small, but haphazard extensions and modifications to the passenger terminal mean it's not the easiest of airports to navigate.

If you arrive from a non-Schengen country you will have to "enter" Portugal through passport-control. After that you can follow "transfer/connections" signs into the departure area.

If you arrive from another Schengen country and get an airbridge it's easier, you are immediately in the common departure area when you exit the aircraft.

Now, quite how a Schengen arrival from a remote stand works .........
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Now, quite how a Schengen arrival from a remote stand works .........
After the bus drops you off, you go upstairs and you arrive directly in the Shengen departure area. No extra security check. (At least that’s how it was last time I connected in LIS, a few weeks ago. But I remember vaguely having gone trough security on arrival in the past.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.