Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer HKG and ICN between SQ flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Transfer HKG and ICN between SQ flights

I'm gooing to SIN in few months, and I want to try the New Business Class. The best option is to go to HKG or ICN.

If I go to HKG, I want to take the same flight back to SIN.
If I go to ICN, I want to take a late evning flight back to SIN

My question is: if I decide to go to either HKG or ICN, do I have to pass immigration and customs in eithe rHKG/ICN, or is there a SQ transfer desk I can go to, and get the new boarding pass issued and then go straight to the lounge?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
At both HKG and ICN you can transit/turnaround without clearing immigration.

If it is all on one ticket then easiest is to get the return boarding pass when you check in for the first flight (at SIN or elsewhere). If not then you'll need to visit the transfer desk.

At HKG transfer desk is opposite immigration (well there is another down the pier but this is not near the gates SQ uses). Go here first before security as security won't let you through without boarding pass (itinerary or ticket is not good enough).

At ICN need to show security onward ticket, transfer desk is upstairs on departure level opposite where you come out from the escalator/lift from transit security.

Such transits are very easy at both airports.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Sorry to ask another question.. what about NRT? Is it easier to transfer for the same flight back to SIN without BP?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
NRT is the same as ICN - transfer desk is beyond security. So if no onward boarding pass you will need your ticket to get through.

All these airports are very easy to do turnarounds in, with or without the return boarding pass being issued at check in.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.

I didn't include NRT, as they don't (as far as I know), use the B773ER (ie New Business Class on the segment) - correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again, thanks
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No 773ER on any NRT flights. That's right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.