Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

This is the archived thread. The current thread can be read here.

The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at JFK Terminal 8 is airside after passing through security within the Admirals Club in Concourse B.

CMK10's photos of FL offerings

AA Flagship Lounge access requirements and amenities descriptions here. Qualifying oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers are allowed one guest.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

I did a search in the "titles" for flagship and this did not appear.
The lounge is located in the new admirals club (on the upper level.) You are given a passcard when you enter the regular club to get into the "secret" flagship lounge. (1) Open bar, (2) nice chairs and surroundings, (3) nice snacks. The agent said that after 5 pm they have "dinner"; my flight departs at 5:20 pm, so I can't comment on dinner.
AA did well^^^.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTES

For tom911's photos of the JFK Flagship Lounge, click here.

For nomoreiphone's photos of the JFK Flagship Lounge, click here and see this post.

For Flagship Lounge menus, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-schedule.html

For information about the JFK T8 Admirals Clubs, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For information about other JFK oneworld lounges in T1, T4, and T7, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Sep 3, 2009 at 2:04 pm
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
And, if you ask them at the Flagship desk, they will give you a T-mobile free one day pass for your laptop - just like the other FLs.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
I too was there prior to the 5:20PM ZRH flight and was actually disappointed in the food selection. In addition to the cheese plate and sugary dessert snacks (cheesecake, cookies, etc), they had only two types of finger sandwiches out. On the return nearly three weeks later, my LAX connection was at 5PM and the FL has the same exact food selection.

My favorite FL remains the ORD lounge. They just seem to know how to do it better despite all of the clubs being on the same menu schedule.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754769
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (2.6mm), UA-1P, SQ-PPS, EK-Silver, LH-FTL, SPG-Platinum, HH-Gold
I REALLY like the new FL at JFK. Then again - I have ONLY been there after 5:00pm (generally for the evening JFK-LHR flights) - and never been there pre 5:00pm.

After 5:00pm - they do serve some really fantastic dishes (a very neat chilled mushroom medly, salmon, penne etc.) - which all make a quite nice dinner, with a decent selection of wines.

As far as the nicest FL in the system - definitely the LAX one (as far as physical space goes). The ORD FL lacking showers makes it a pain when transitioning between flights.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by bb-miler

As far as the nicest FL in the system - definitely the LAX one (as far as physical space goes). The ORD FL lacking showers makes it a pain when transitioning between flights.
Although the LAX FL is my home FL (and was until recently my favourite), I now think the JFK FL is the best FL in the network. The food when I was there (pre 4pm flight) was great - lunch spread which was then replaced by far more snacky options. The decor, space, and staff are all first grade.

The LAX FL food choices are always disappointing - and it can get crowded.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:13 pm

I also use LAX as my home base.. but fly to JFK almost weekly. The FL at JFK is truly fabulous. Lunch yesterday was a true feast including tarragon chicken, smashed potatoes, cold pasta and great salads as well as vegetable quesadillas.. Full bar, great cheese and crackers as well as great views ... It truly is a great pre flight experience....
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I vote for LAX too; it's my favorite. It's never too crowded and has excellent staff.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP (Lifetime Plat)
I find LAX and the new JFK FL both to be excellent, but I think JFK wins by a nose for food and being "new"
Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Was there this past Sunday. Got there around 4:15. The food that was out at the time was the dregs of either lunch or snack service...a few left over sandwich pieces, some desserts, pretzels...that was it. A bit later on, when they put out the dinner service...a whole different story!

There were two different chicken dishes (a pesto chicken and I forgot the other) A good looking tureen of soup, a fish dish, nice looking salad, two different kinds of veggies, tabouleh salad, and probably a few things I'm not remembering. At the time, I recall my reaction being "Wow, that's a nice looking spread! Maybe the best I've seen in any FL" (And I've been in all AA FL's....I am a sucker for the sausages at ORD though!) In fact, a la BA and CX, I actually ate dinner there and passed on the meal later on the plane.

Beverages were abundant and varied. Really liked the fact that they had individual botles of San Pellegrino and Orangina available. Also had a selection of local favorite, Dr. Browns (including both Cel-Ray and Diet Black Cherry!).

Was just slightly dissapointed in the wine/booze selection. Don't recall what they were pouring as a red and white, but I know I've never heard of it (and I do actually collect a bit). Sparkling wine was a California Chandon. (Think I'm spoiled by the Moet and Veuve in the CX LHR lounge!)

My only other (nitpicky and somewhat fatuous) gripe is that some time ago, they stopped using Grey Goose as the FL vodka, and now use Absolut and Smirnoff. (Actually, it's not a big deal, as I have no problem with Smirnoff- which actually scored best in a NY Times blind tasting a while back!) Also, mixed myself a drink, and there were no utensils (swizzle sticks anyone?) to stir the drink...had to use a knife!

All in all though, I thought it was a nice looking space with comfortable chairs, a decent spread of food, free booze, and free Wi-fi. What more could you want when killing a few hours before a flight? Heck, if they'd let me, I might even consider moving in.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by inlanikai
And, if you ask them at the Flagship desk, they will give you a T-mobile free one day pass for your laptop - just like the other FLs.
On Monday 19, the AAAA (for AAncient AAngel) not only did not have one but clearly had no idea of what I was talking about when I requested one...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Does anyone know what the hours are for dinner at the JFK FL? If one is leaving on the late JFK-LHR departure, are they still serving dinner before that flight?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rasalon
Does anyone know what the hours are for dinner at the JFK FL? If one is leaving on the late JFK-LHR departure, are they still serving dinner before that flight?
There's another thread on this board, fairly recently active that lists the times of all the meal services. However I don't think it's always 100% accurate, based on my one experience when they were still serving what looked like "lunch" past the purported window. So YMMV.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:14 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I vote for LAX too; it's my favorite. It's never too crowded and has excellent staff.
I guess it depends on the time of day. If you're flight is around 9 or 10 at night, the FL can be jammed pack because of the QF flight to SYD.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by Howgart

My only other (nitpicky and somewhat fatuous) gripe is that some time ago, they stopped using Grey Goose as the FL vodka, and now use Absolut and Smirnoff. (Actually, it's not a big deal, as I have no problem with Smirnoff- which actually scored best in a NY Times blind tasting a while back!) Also, mixed myself a drink, and there were no utensils (swizzle sticks anyone?) to stir the drink...had to use a knife!
Yeah last time at the LAX FL (Oct) I noticed the lack of GreyGoose - - the only they had was Wibornowa (sic). Come on AA the bottle difference is only around $10-15.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Also for anyone wanting regular bottled water - just ask the staff attending the food as they keep them out the back. Apparently certain people were stocking up for the winter so they dont leave them out anymore.

E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.