Marriott celebrity sightings...

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Marriott celebrity sightings...

Didn't find anything on search - figured all the airline forums have it - why not?

Saw Brian Westbook of the Philadelphia Eagles at the Philly Airport Marriott on Sunday prior to the Eagles game against the Lions....
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-Saw James Woods & Willem Dafoe at the JW in Bucharest (earlier this year)

-Saw Andy Roddick (Tennis player) at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA, during the Legg Mason Tournament about 3 years ago

-Saw the band Little Feat & Billy Bob Thornton at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington, VA - they were in town for a benefit concert about 4 years ago
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:37 am

This was a couple of years ago.

In the lobby of the Ren Mayflower the wife called my attention to Coach Lindy Ruff and members of the Buffalo Sabres apparently awaiting transportation. (It was the AM prior to a game with the Washington Capitals so it was probably to their practice site).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1P, Marriott Plat, Hertz Plat
If you are ever in Indy for a Colts game, the entire team stays at the Indianapolis Downtown Marriott the night before home games, and uses the ballrooms on the 2nd floor for team meetings on game day.

You're not really allowed up on the second floor during those meetings, but if you play it cool you can usually hang out and get autographs.

After the meetings, the players walk down the stairs, into the lobby (where there is usually a large group of fans waiting and taking pictures and cheering) one by one to pickup their cars up from the valet. I've met Tony Dungy and few other players, just from work I've had going on at that Marriott from time to time.

Last year, my company was holding a conference at that hotel, and we were there on Sunday to do some pre-con prep. When I went to check in, my room wasn't available, so I went up to work in our launch area until my room was ready.

I got a call from the hotel halfway through the Colts unloading process, and convinced one of my coworkers to pretend to be my publicist and walk down the stairs with me.

We waited until Booger McFarland cleared the landing before we started down the stairs. I got a few cheers and pictures taken (I'm 6'7'', 235 lbs, so it's easy to mistake me for a basketball or football player) once we hit the landing.

The front desk supervisor checked us in laughing. He thought it was pretty funny.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I saw the actor Richard Gant at the New York Marriott Financial Center in November 2002. He was eating in Roy's restaurant.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Dallas Cowboys at SF Marriott when they were in playoffs w/ 49ers (think it was Cowboys; been a while). I was there for a conference. Lobby was full of fans hoping to catch a glimpse of them, not realizing that the players actually went down an extra level to the meeting rooms & out that way.

Cheers.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Detroit Tigers...

The Tigers stayed at the Minneapolis City Center hotel when playing the Twins earlier this year...

ZakkW
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), MR Lifetime PLT, Avis First
I was in the concierge lounge having breakfast with Reggie Jackson just last Thursday. There were only two other people in there when I walked in, and I didn't even look at them. It wasn't until I heard his unmistakable voice, that my head popped up and I asked myself, "Hey, isn't that...".

About two years ago I was staying in Birmingham during a Senior PGA tour event. I had a great "goody" bag in my room (not sure why), and introduced myself to Ben Crenshaw and Curtis Strange in the concierge lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:50 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Marina Del Ray Marriott

The entire cast from HBO Series "Entourage" a few years ago. They were actually there for a week shooting scenes around the pool and in the ballroom. Wife and I met them all and took a bunch of pictures, very cool.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
While I was in Wuhan, China earlier this year, I came back to my room one evening and notice a few "guards" stationed at my door. There is a lot more to the story, but basically the Vice President of Gabon was staying in the suite next to my room. It seemed that the VP originally wanted me moved, but the GM didn't allow that. So instead, the VP had 3 guards stationed around the entrance to my room, just in case I got uppidy.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
My favorite baseball team stays at the Renaissance Vinoy when in St. Petersburg to defeat Tampa Bay.

A Sopranos episode was shot at the Hollywood Beach Marriott (where Tony and Paulie were feeling the heat in NJ and decided to take a road trip to Florida).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
last week, at the Memphis Downtown property, in the concierge lounge, saw Elvis chowing down some donuts
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
all the NFL teams coming to PHX stayed at the PHX AP Marriott, not sure if that will change with the opening of the Glendale Ren.
I met John Mayer (musician), Papa Roach (musicians), and a few comedians at The Buttes in Tempe. Apperently all comedians that go to the improv stay there.
Oh yeah, cant forget Matt Leinhart and family/agency team. His agent Mr. Price is an awesome guy as well!
Also the Wiz when he came to PHX to interview (gotta be familiar with AZ Cards Im being told for this one)
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
How do y'all recognize these folks
I have been face to face with very A list celebs and have not recognized them till someone told me who I was speaking/standing next to.
But maybe that is why I have been able to speak/stand next to them
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:08 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wonderbret
Also the Wiz when he came to PHX to interview (gotta be familiar with AZ Cards Im being told for this one)
Or the Steelers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.