Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Doha Airport Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:55 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
OT: Doha Airport Hotel?

Can't seem to locate a hotel @ Doha Airport (or very near) and wondered if any one had experience of what was the closest? Has to be decent 4/5* though, ideally with good dining options! Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Doha Marriott

5 minute drive. Excellent hotel. Recently refurbed.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:21 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Doha Marriott is the place. Food options (after Ramadan anyway) are very good. The theme restaurants (Asian, Indian, Mexican, Italian) often need advance reservations for dinner.

Executive rooms are nicer but no bathtubs and will run QAR 150-200 extra per night with breakfast and snacks in the executive lounge included. Regular rooms have combination tub/shower.

Charles
Old Sep 23, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: QR Gold
Sharq Village and Spa Hotel is a much better option

Doha Marriott is indeed only a few minutes drive away. Nice clean business like hotel - the Indian restaurant is good as is this nightly buffet.

However, I would suggest Sharq Village and Spa hotel which is literally next door to it. Sharq Hotel is managed by the Ritz Carlton and is quite literally in its own league. I stayed there the day before yesterday and is Arabic/Moorish themed. Staff, food, atmosphere are excellent and is in my opinion the best hotel in Doha and worth the experience!!! Spa is worth a visit. Down side is no extra qmiles if you stay there!

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...ge/Default.htm
Old Sep 23, 2007, 12:40 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thanks for the replies guys. Food is an important factor, as the prime reason for going there is a dinner - what's on offer over Ramadan though, as it will likely be during that time? Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Most hotels only have one restaurant open during the day in the Ramadan period. For evening it is mainly back to normal. Marriott in the evening does not have all of its restaurants open and does not have a Ramadan tent I saw. The buffet restaurant is open, and the Chinese one also. Sharq has a nice Ramadan tent. The buffet restaurant is open there and a very nice fish restaurant that opened last week....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.