Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nepal Airlines sacrifices two goats to the Gods

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Nepal Airlines sacrifices two goats to the Gods

Two of their 757's were grounded, so Nepal Airlines officials sacrificed two goats in front of the plane to appease the Hindu sky deity Lord Bhairavnath.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...airlines-.html

http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=121310

One of the goats was black, the other was white, so I guess it's politically correct. One press photographer was arrested and his camera confiscated for photographing the rite.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:27 am

As opposed to sacrificing an airline for some old goats.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Did it work?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Fly Thor Approved Airlines

Not to be picky here, but you posted this in Newsstand. In my humble view, sacrificing goats so the Sky God will be happy qualifies as the Ultimate in Travel Safety & Security.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
So perhaps we should resort to sacrificing goats the next time we experience flight delay, cancellation, or lost baggage, or even before using the airline's website or call center!?!?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:32 pm

They do this all the time in nepal - airliners are no exception.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
maybe the chicago cubs should think about this?????
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Did it work?
Since the goats are dead, they can't answer the question.
But I figure for that reaspond, that they are no longer alive. So yes, the sacrifice did work. It killed them.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
So perhaps we should resort to sacrificing goats the next time we experience flight delay, cancellation, or lost baggage, or even before using the airline's website or call center!?!?
It would work if you can get it past the security. Are you going to milk them first, the goats that is, to make sure you are not carrying more than three ounces of milk?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by erik123
They do this all the time in nepal - airliners are no exception.
Yes, think of it as no difference than breaking a bottle of champagne to launch a ship. What is breaking a bottle of champagne do? Bring good luck? How many turkeys are killed for Thanksgiving?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Yaatri
It would work if you can get it past the security. Are you going to milk them first, the goats that is, to make sure you are not carrying more than three ounces of milk?
Oh, geez, I can see it now. Someone from TSA is reading your post and getting an idea. "We have no way of knowing how much urine pax are carrying with them through security, so maybe we need to have everyone void into a cup...for security purposes, of course."
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
Oh, geez, I can see it now. Someone from TSA is reading your post and getting an idea. "We have no way of knowing how much urine pax are carrying with them through security, so maybe we need to have everyone void into a cup...for security purposes, of course."
Oops you caught me. I confess! I am responsible for giving all the stupid ideas to TSA.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
Something like this was mentioned when the rules went into effect. However, a cup doesnt prove anything. A catheter does. And then there are other orifices. At which point I start buying stock in companies that make videoconferencing gear.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
If I make any comments about sacrificing goats and call centers, Vasantn is going have my head cut off and offered to the Gods of the Sky!

Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:58 pm
J-M
Suspended

Sorry, I don't think there are enough goats to fix all the problems in the US airline industry...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.