Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfort to Dusseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Frankfort to Dusseldorf

I'm sure there is a train but what is the cost and how long does it take. It appears cheaper to fly into Frankfort (from U.S.). Any suggestions on the best way to get from Frankfort to Dusseldorf?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by old_vine_zin
I'm sure there is a train but what is the cost and how long does it take. It appears cheaper to fly into Frankfort (from U.S.). Any suggestions on the best way to get from Frankfort to Dusseldorf?

Thanks in advance.
66 euro, 1 1/2 hrs. (ICE - No train changes)

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/que...07782&OK#focus
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
I would also look into flying. I purchased roudtrip tickets last week on LH for only $103. I chose that over the train so I didn't have to deal with lugging our bags.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
And trains go every 30 minutes. If you fly on LH, you can take advantage of the Rail and Fly offer (at least I believe that they are good for inbound flights into Germany too) for 19 Euro (fully flexible, good for every railway station in Germany).

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Jul 31, 2007 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jneugeba
I would also look into flying. I purchased roudtrip tickets last week on LH for only $103. I chose that over the train so I didn't have to deal with lugging our bags.
Depends where you want to go and what luggage you have. The $103 LH ticket is absolutely inflexible and cannot be rebooked (however 95% can be refunded). Standby is not possible.

As you have to schlepp your luggage at some point in time you might prefer to do it between the Airport and the Airport Railway Station as the train takes you directly into Duesseldorf Town Center.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And trains every 30 minutes. If you fly on LH, you can take advantage of the Rail and Fly offer (at least I believe they are good for inbound flights into Germany too) for 19 Euro (fully flexible, good for every railway station in Germany).
Is the 19 euro fare applicable on the ICE trains as well?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by etch5895
Is the 19 euro fare applicable on the ICE trains as well?

Yes, only car trains excluded and surcharge for night trains and ICE Sprinter. See Lufthansa Rail and Fly Offer for more details.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
DB also has some information on their site: http://www.bahn.de/p/view/internatio...o_b_engl.shtml

An interesting addition is the Rail & Fly offer to AMS if flying to Mainland China, Taiwan, Indonesia or the Caribbean with certain airlines.

The AMS offering could be expanded to CDG at least. Would be nice to see what excuse AF and their cronies in the French government wouild dig up in defense.

Last edited by mosburger; Jul 31, 2007 at 2:06 pm
Old Aug 5, 2007, 8:39 am

There is a train and its easy to use. I've never used the LH offer though it certainly sounds good. The advantage is that you'll be in Dusseldorf and not have to lug your luggage from DUS to the train when arriving there. Other option is rental car and driving (which can also be enjoyable!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.