Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Landside Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Landside Lounges

One of the things that would greatly improve my travel life would be more Landside lounges, especially for U.S. domestic travel (I mean U.S. the country, not U.S. the airline). It's especially annoying when I arrive at a city, have to collect checked baggage then perhaps have to wait around an hour or so for a colleague or friend to arrive before leaving. Has anyone come across Landside lounges hidden away at any U.S. domestic airports.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
One of the things that would greatly improve my travel life would be more Landside lounges, especially for U.S. domestic travel (I mean U.S. the country, not U.S. the airline). It's especially annoying when I arrive at a city, have to collect checked baggage then perhaps have to wait around an hour or so for a colleague or friend to arrive before leaving. Has anyone come across Landside lounges hidden away at any U.S. domestic airports.
DL & Co. at SFO.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:03 pm

DL's CRC in PHL is landside.

There is a landside lounge in T4 of JFK that is a contract location for NW, it also handles other airlines.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LAX interim F lounge at TBIT is landside.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:39 pm

there is an RCC (UA) landside at LGA
Old Jul 23, 2007, 8:41 pm

CO PC in BOS Terminal C. Moving to Terminal A at the end of the year, though; don't know whether it will be airside or landside.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Many JFK lounges are landside.

Most lounges in Australia and NZ are not landside, but anyone can access airside in the domestic terminals so it has the same effect.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Many JFK lounges are landside.

Most lounges in Australia and NZ are not landside, but anyone can access airside in the domestic terminals so it has the same effect.
Those days are gone in the U.S.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Avoiding checked-in luggage, where/when possible, to stay airside and/or a refundable ticket to get airside to the lounges is what has been done too.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:17 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
One of the things that would greatly improve my travel life would be more Landside lounges, especially for U.S. domestic travel (I mean U.S. the country, not U.S. the airline).
US Lounge in LAS is landside. Nonetheless, one can easily get into the secured area via gate pass and/or refunadable tickets.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
US Lounge in LAS is landside. Nonetheless, one can easily get into the secured area via gate pass and/or refunadable tickets.
Ah, but the OP was talking about situations when one arrives with checked bags, which would present a problem getting airside. FWIW, in the UK, many arrivals lounges are landside.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the subject. Airside lounges are more convenient in terms of checking in, clearing security and then being pretty much done with hassle. On the other hand, at non-smoking airports, landside lounges make it a lot easier to pop outside for a quick smoke
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
The NW WorldClub at DCA is landside.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
The NW WorldClub at DCA is landside.
As is NWA's excellent club at JFK's T4.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The AAdmiral's Club at PHL is landside, right outside security in Terminal A, just up the escalator from baggage claim.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:22 pm

Can someone please create a wiki for this? or please point me to one if there's one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.