Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion: Move Germany forum into the Europe one

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Suggestion: Move Germany forum into the Europe one

Now that France and Italy both are sub-forums of Europe, it would make sense to also move Germany there.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 4:28 pm

And Russia. And Scandinavia. And UK and Ireland.

The current set-up is rather inconsistent and messy. Either have them all as stand-alone forums, or have them all as subforums. The current system doesn't make sense.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

I agree that the current order is disorderly. I'd like to see either

1) all the European countries/areas listed equally with the Europe (Eastern/Western) forum being renamed Other European countries

OR

2) All of the European forums becoming subsets of the Europe forum.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Just as a heads-up here, the TB has been addressing this issue since the suggestion to add an Italy forum.

The addition of Italy caused us to look at the whole structure and to discuss ways to make it flow better and to be more user-friendly.

We appreciate the suggestions and please continue to add your comments on this matter.

Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 1:59 am

Thinking about it more... I think I would actually prefer separate forums rather than a Europe Forum with lots of sub-forums. And I also like the idea of renaming the Europe forum into something like "Other European Countries"

I also think it would be a good idea to merge the London forum into the UK and Ireland one as there is so much overlap between the two! A lot of threads on the UK and Ireland forum are, directly or indirectly, about London. A lot of threads on the London forum are about "How to get from London to X".
Old Jun 23, 2007, 6:50 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Please do not add sub forums... that screws up the last post updated... been a problem every time a sub forum has been introduced. Vbulletin cannot handle having each forum/subforum show last post updated... please do not make the problem worse.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
1) all the European countries/areas listed equally with the Europe (Eastern/Western) forum being renamed Other European countries
I like this idea also - my OP was more just to bring up the fact that it is currently very confusing and inconsistent.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I've made the following motion in TB
Originally Posted by Jenbel
I motion that the Destination the World forums be re-organised, such that they are organised alphabetically by continent, with countries being at the full forum level and cities being at the sub-forum level in the following manner below, with 'Other Asia (non-Japan/China)' renamed 'Asia' and 'Europe (Eastern/Western)' renamed 'Europe'
Antartica
Africa
Asia
(subforum of Asia)Singapore
China
Hong Kong
India
Japan
The Middle East
Thailand
Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific
Europe
France
Italy
Germany
Russia
Scandinavia
UK & Ireland
(subforum of UK & Ireland) London
Latin Central America
The Caribbean
Cuba
Mexico
Canada
(sub forum of Canada)Toronto
South America
Argentina
It's been amended once due to someone else's suggestion, and may be amended again. It's not certain it will go to vote or pass obviously either.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I agree that the current order is disorderly. I'd like to see either

OR

2) All of the European forums becoming subsets of the Europe forum.
The EU has been trying to restructure Europe for years, and they're getting no where. Talkboard is a much more reasonable and efficient group, and I expect TB will succeed magnificently where the EU has failed miserably. ^

The EU could learn something from FT!

(btw, I like Jenbels formatting suggestion)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.