Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta SiteSeer Contest: Win 1 Million Miles and get upto 2000 miles for voting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, SPG

http://www.delta.com/marketing/sites...asts/index.jsp

interesting new little site within Delta's "sea of change"
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Thumbs up This Is Worth a Look

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
http://www.delta.com/marketing/sites...asts/index.jsp

interesting new little site within Delta's "sea of change"
I like it. It is a great idea. I hope we see more excellent ideas and features like this. Delta people are sure creative.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
VERY cool! ^
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Delta employees have been buzzing around the globe
So that's where all the skysaver seats went
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Here's the press release:

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=10724

I think this is another example of how Delta is trying to make itself more "hip", though not to the extreme to which Virgin goes
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Cute.

Now can we please have food on domestic flights?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Delta Siteseer Challenge. Prize up to 1MM Skymiles.

http://delta.com/marketing/challenge/index.jsp

This incredible travel competition is ready for takeoff.

We're looking for five teams of two great people to compete in the first ever SiteSeer Challenge from Delta and American Express. Here's how it works:

Submit a homemade video by July 5, 2007 and Delta might choose your team to be one of the five!
If we choose you as contestants, your team travels with all the other teams to an incredible international destination, where Delta captures your travel adventures on video.
After the trip, we'll post the travel videos for each of the five teams on delta.com/challenge.
People at home watch the videos and vote. The team with the fewest votes gets eliminated.
Then, the remaining four teams go on to the next international destination.
The whole process repeats for three more rounds of voting.
The last team standing wins the grand prize: 1 million miles—and more.

Ready to see the world and become a celebrity among web video viewers everywhere? Make us a video of yourself and a partner that shows us why the two of you are a traveling team who can make the most of every place you land.

You should be:
A team of 2 people who are both 21 or older and valid U.S. passport holders.
Available for travel on 4 separate 4-day weekends between mid-July through mid-September 2007—mostly from Thursday to Sunday. Hope you've got some vacation days saved up.
Available from September 20-23 in case we need you.
Your video submission must:
Be a maximum of 2 minutes, and no more than 30 megabytes
Feature both members of your 2-person team
Let us know a little something about the two of you and why you're a great travel team
Show us you're the kind of people we'd really like to travel with: adventurous, funny, charming, interesting, spontaneous—basically, the kind of people who can bring a location to life so well that everyone wants to travel there

Not quite ready to be a traveling contestant yourself? Participate from home!
Watch the travel videos from each destination, and vote for your favorite team.
You can get 250 bonus miles for every round you vote in. Plus, you can get an extra 1,000 miles if you vote in all four rounds! Enrollment to vote and get bonus miles will start on July 20, 2007. Sign up to Get the Scoop and we will let you know when you can enroll.
You can also get all the inside dirt on the teams' blogs. And, chime in on the forums.

When are the travel videos live?
The first round of videos will be available for viewing—and voting—around August 6, 2007, right here on this site. Want us to send you an email to remind you when the time comes? Just sign up to Get the Scoop.

Just what are these incredible international destinations? We're not telling just yet. We hope you like surprises.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium

Looks like Delta is expanding their SiteSeer travel videos to include a contest with people being choosen to be part of teams to travel and make videos about the destinations. Since most people wont make it into the contest, you can still earn miles by voting (250 per vote) and 1000 more for voting 5 times. It will be an easy 2000 miles. Here is the full text of the Email:

Hello Berto,

We're looking for five teams of two great people to compete in the first ever SiteSeer Challenge from Delta and American Express.

Submit a homemade video by July 5, 2007 and Delta might choose your team to be one of the five!
If we choose you as contestants, your team travels with all the other teams to an incredible international destination, where Delta captures your travel adventures on video.
After the trip, we'll post the travel videos for each of the five teams on delta.com/challenge.
People at home watch the videos and vote. The team with the fewest votes gets eliminated.
Then, the remaining four teams go on to the next international destination.
The whole process repeats for three more rounds of voting.
The last team standing wins the grand prize—1 million miles from Delta and more!
Submit your video to become a contestant by July 5, 2007.
Make us a short video starring you and a friend that shows us you'd be a great contestant team.

Follow the teams' journeys. Decide their fates.
Not quite ready to be one of the traveling teams yourself? Participate from home! You'll be able to watch and vote on the teams' travel videos. And, voters can get up to 2,000 bonus miles from SkyMiles® for voting in every round! Enrollment for this offer will start on July 20, 2007.

Meanwhile, sign up to Get the Scoop, and we'll let you know when the game starts, so you can vote for your favorite team, earn bonus miles and receive the latest contest information and updates.

Don't miss out.
Visit the SiteSeer Challenge website for all the details.
Looks like the other part of the grand prize is also 400,000 HHonors points split between team members according to the website.

Also, you must be 21 in order to compete. I guess that puts me out of the running....
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Can we get MQMs instead of the miles?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Anyone want to make a FT team?

Still, easy 2000 miles - I'll make sure I do this one!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
Anyone want to make a FT team?

Still, easy 2000 miles - I'll make sure I do this one!
If we get picked, do we get MQM & RDM for our flights???
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
I'm up for it - Sign me up. Team FlyerTalk
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
I'm up for it - Sign me up. Team FlyerTalk
You'd prolly only last one round. Assuming first place is GRU, the voting public might not be too interested in watching Team FT spend Thur-Sun doing SFO-LAX-SLC-CVG-JFK-ATL-GRU, go through customs to get the stamp, then GRU-ATL-CLT-LGA(shuttle to JFK)-CVG-SLC-LAX-SFO.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by DukieDrew
You'd prolly only last one round. Assuming first place is GRU, the voting public might not be too interested in watching Team FT spend Thur-Sun doing SFO-LAX-SLC-CVG-JFK-ATL-GRU, go through customs to get the stamp, then GRU-ATL-CLT-LGA(shuttle to JFK)-CVG-SLC-LAX-SFO.
That is so true.

by the way, I started the thread first and Berto gets all the replies.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
We'll just have to get fellow FlyerTalkers to stuff the ballot box

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.