Wiki Posts
Search

New T5 microsite

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:16 am
Original Poster

New T5 microsite

Address is www.terminal5.ba.com

Preview of the new terminal. Sounds outstanding.

P.S. I was correct, the CIP lounge will be called the Concorde Lounge NOT the London Room, the London Room is going to be the name of the dining section of the lounge.

Last edited by xxxxx; Jun 14, 2007 at 11:34 am
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Boarding by row too!!-wow

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for the link.^

According to the blurb there will be boarding by row too!

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:02 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
Thanks xxxxx!

Phew! I was terrified there might be no shopping. Fears allayed

Galleries, huh? And baths ... looks like a rival to the CX HKG Wing?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
There are a few details on T3 here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...3/public/en_gb

One noteworthy item is that T3 will have its own arrivals lounge and there will be a "Galleries" lounge in T3 as well.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
View the accesibble version
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:26 pm

Rather annoying that Bag Drops are refered to as Fast Bags Drops!! Does no one proof read? Also a bit disappointed that the comment on customer experience in the terminal is from a crew member and not from someone who will actually work there and knows a bit more about the pinch points for customers first hand. Even so a really smart little site.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Listen to the Captain's comments in the timeline, "the new Stand Guidance Parking System will save passengers 30 minutes from landing to collecting their bags.."

Excellent news, so I'll only have to wait for an hour for my bags then in T5.

Sorry this is a triumph of spin over substance, I think I may use this quote at the AGM, that I have every intention of attending.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by ian001
There are a few details on T3 here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...3/public/en_gb

One noteworthy item is that T3 will have its own arrivals lounge and there will be a "Galleries" lounge in T3 as well.
Mmm, no more Admiral's Club.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Just 3 'Cabanas' in the new Concorde Room (ok 3 more than presently exist) but CX does better at this in HKG on a fraction of the traffic.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by xxxxx
P.S. I was correct, the CIP lounge will be called the Concorde Lounge NOT the London Room, the London Room is going to be the name of the dining section of the lounge.

The London Room was indeed the planned name for the lounge, but it seems that repeated questioning of this during the internal T5 events have caused the change.

Interestingly on the internal site, in response to the issue of premium facilities it is still stated that "There will be two lounges - a FIRST and a London Room lounge. The London Room will be used by our FIRST customers only and the FIRST lounge will be for our GOLD customers." That has been the position for months and mentioned in several documents. It was also said that Concorde was an important part of our past and it was time to move forward and hence the reason for dropping the name.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Just 3 'Cabanas' in the new Concorde Room (ok 3 more than presently exist) but CX does better at this in HKG on a fraction of the traffic.
I certainly echo the same concerns. Sounds like actually getting to use one will be practically impossible. Why just 3? Perhaps it'll be a pay-for-use amenity somewhat like CX's failed attempt at providing spa services?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: F
The Concorde Lounge will be "by invitation only"? Will FIRST not be enough?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 7:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
The London Room was indeed the planned name for the lounge, but it seems that repeated questioning of this during the internal T5 events have caused the change.

Interestingly on the internal site, in response to the issue of premium facilities it is still stated that "There will be two lounges - a FIRST and a London Room lounge. The London Room will be used by our FIRST customers only and the FIRST lounge will be for our GOLD customers." That has been the position for months and mentioned in several documents. It was also said that Concorde was an important part of our past and it was time to move forward and hence the reason for dropping the name.
Is it just me or does anyone else see the potential for confusion and chaos?

London Room Lounge? Right this way. Oh you mean the London Lounge (without the Room even though it is of course a room), ie the lounge used by SK and AC? That's in a different terminal.

First customers do not use the First Lounge but instead the first lounge they get to, which is the London Room Lounge, not to be confused with the London Lounge, which itself has a room. Gold and OW emerald customers may use our First Lounge in London, but not the London Room Lounge which is reserved for First pax, unless of course they themselves are travelling in first class. Despite the name the First Lounge is not the first lounge you get to, which is the London Room Lounge, but instead is the second lounge, just called the First Lounge.

And I could go on! Honestly, it reads like a script for Yes, Minister.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by redshift27
The Concorde Lounge will be "by invitation only"? Will FIRST not be enough?
All lounges are technically by invitation only; one receives an "invitation" through the purchase of a premium ticket or having attained premium status. Many (or all?) of the signs at AMS for lounges include "by invitation only".

But I notice that the check-in area will not be exclusively for F pax, as it mentions Goldmembers as well in the same sentence.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 3:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
But I notice that the check-in area will not be exclusively for F pax, as it mentions Goldmembers as well in the same sentence.
That's the same as it is now - pretty much has to be under OW membership conditions, doesn't it? Lounges, as we know, are a different matter, so long as there's an F-level lounge for OW emeralds.

It's been mentioned of lounge access directly from check-in for F pax - wonder how that will work for the different lounges available for GC/F pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.