Delta/AMEX $99 Companion Certificate--NOT!

Subscribe
As a "reward" for being holders of Gold Delta/Amex credit cards, my spouse and I each received $99 Companion Fare Certificates. Guess what----they are worthless, as they can only be used if the companion full fare ticket is booked in "L, U or T" class, which we've found is impossible to find.

We've tried numerous itineraries to different cities at different times and can't find a single intinerary that would allow us to use these certificates.

Any suggestions or hints on how to use these?

If I'm right that it is virtually impossible to use these, then I will report this to our state's consumer protection agency, as I believe it implicates consumer protection/fraud issues.
Those are typically the lower class fares and sometimes can't be found a few months or weeks out. Check every day on delta.com and eventually you will find something. It helps if you live in a city where Delta has a lot of competition because T fares (sometimes U or L) are used to match competitors. There is plenty of availability on those fare classes from ATL for instance. What airport do you fly out of?
Delta/AMEX ---- NOT!
We fly out of PDX. I've been trying this now for 3 weeks, for travel as far out as September, and so far these certificates have been worthless.

Thanks for your info, though.
On DL's site make sure that you click on "full search options" and they under "Preferences" pick fare class. Under fare class you can search for "Coach T or higher". This should help you locate LUT fares.
Where do you want to go and when? I found many L and U fares from PDX to many major cities throughout the U.S.
I have used them whenever possible and have never found LUT to be an issue where I fly to or from. All depends on your particular intinerary.
I fly from pdx, and almost all of my past flights this year have been t-class. Just book a bit in advance and it shouldn't be too hard.
Quote: I have used them whenever possible and have never found LUT to be an issue where I fly to or from. All depends on your particular intinerary.
Agreed. It is likely that the OP is looking for an itinerary that would otherwise be expensive (vacation areas in high season or something similar) or may not be compatible with the certificate (Hawaii).

OP, please give us more info and we can easily find out what the problem is.
L/u/t
This may be the case with the PDX market for this time of the year, but ex YUL there tends to be quite substantial L and U inventory on most days and flights since it is L and U inventory assigned for consolidators contract fares. So, might be more the case of the destination or dates desired, not a systemwide problem with redemption.
What markets are you trying to book? I just ran several searches with flights leaving PDX on a Friday and returning on a Sunday. These would seem to me to be the flights least likely to have L/U/T fares still available. On each search I was able to find L/U?t tickets. This was for travel a 2-4 weeks from now.

L, U & T fares are very common. There is no consumer fraud here.
LUTs are everywhere
LUTs are everywhere. I have rarely ever purchased anything higher, in fact the most expensive ($370) domestic ticket I have purchased in recent memory was a U fare.
I used my certificate successfully today to book 2 RT flights from Dayton to Phoenix 11/7-11/11 for $442.00, taxes included. Delta.com was pricing the same flights for $560.

I called the AMEX Platinum 2-for-1 program and they offered the same price ($442 for 2) but they could only offer via American Airlines. I'm not a member of AA so I declined.

All in all, I saved a little over $100 off retail plus I get to pocket the SkyMiles for one pax (me). Plus, unlike the companion certificate, I didn't have to go to a Delta ticketing agent to complete the purchase. ^
Who got these 2 for 1's? Delta Gold AMEX or AMEX Gold?
Quote: Who got these 2 for 1's? Delta Gold AMEX or AMEX Gold?
Delta SkyMiles Amex. Gold offer is $99 co-pay on a pair of LUT fares and Platinum card offer is $0 co-pay on the same.
Quote: Delta SkyMiles Amex. Gold offer is $99 co-pay on a pair of LUT fares and Platinum card offer is $0 co-pay on the same.
I think Gold members only get 1 per year and it's upon renewal. Platinum members may get more, IIRC.

And AMEX has a platinum card (annual fee $450) that will give you four 2-for-1 tickets on one of 6 major airlines, contiguous US and Honolulu/Anchorage only with a minimum fare of $299 for the former and $899 for the latter. You can't pick your airline a lot of times, but you do accumulate miles on both tickets. It's saved a few hundred bucks for some people who fly enough to overcome the $450 fee. (You get other benefits, too, such as complimentary Starwood gold, free towing, consumer protection, upgrades on fine hotels, and Crown Room Club access.