Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Admirals Clubs (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

This is the Archived thread with older posts about the JFK Admirals Clubs. For the current thread, please see:

JFK / J. F. Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourses A and B Admirals Clubs (master thread)

There are two Admirals Clubs at JFK (link);

New York (JFK) - B International - Terminal 8, (formerly Terminal 9), Concourse B, beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Daily
4:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. Flagship Lounge within for eligible three class F or oneworld Emerald flyers.

New York (JFK) - C Domestic - Terminal 8, remote Concourse C, beyond Security checkpoint, third floor after Security across from Gate 42. Daily
4:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.

● BOTH offer complimentary Wi-Fi and "well" drinks (after 0800, 1200 Sundays), Children's Rooms, PCs and some business equipment, shower rooms, food and higher shelf beverages for purchase, some very light snacks, coffee, teas.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

What should we expect from the American Airlines business class lounge at JFK in August? How is the food / drink? We are flying to London.

Is the lounge located before or after security?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTES

There are two Admirals Clubs in JFK Terminal 8. One is located in Concourse B, which primarily services international flights, and the second is located in Concourse C, which primarily services domestic flights. Both clubs are airside and accessible from all gates. The JFK Flagship Lounge is located within the Concourse B Admirals Club.

For information on the JFK T8 Flagship Lounge, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For information on other oneworld Lounges in T1, T4, & T7, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Once you pass through security both concourses are available using a tunnel under the tarmac.

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 10, 2011 at 6:58 pm
Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
There are multiple lounges at JFK that are accessible for international business class passengers traveling to London.

Here are the details about amenities and services provided at the clubs:
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...ations.jsp#JFK

Keep in mind that you should be given at least 2 coupons for free drinks at the bar; tipping is extra and customary.

Last edited by dstan; Sep 3, 2009 at 1:57 pm Reason: updated link
Old Jun 8, 2007, 11:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Depending on your frequent flyer status, you might have access to the new Flagship Lounge which should open this summer. An AA press release last week mentioned a June opening, though no specific date. If it's lke the FL's at ORD and LAX, there would actually be real food instead of snack mix, muffins/bagels, or apples.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 11:12 pm

Actually I was in LAX FL this AM and there was NEW FOOD. Specfically there was tuna salad, a complete variety of salads as well as as salmon and sandwiches. The selection was put out at 10:30 AM LAX time. IT was excellent. It was incredible and actually quite suprising...
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:08 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW4
Actually I was in LAX FL this AM and there was NEW FOOD. Specfically there was tuna salad, a complete variety of salads as well as as salmon and sandwiches. The selection was put out at 10:30 AM LAX time. IT was excellent. It was incredible and actually quite suprising...
The tuna salad may be new (don't recall), but I have routinely seen salmon (smoked, of course) and sandwiches in the LAX FL.

Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:15 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I miss the sushi in the LAX FL.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 7:13 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Don't get the OP too excited about a FL lounge as they list no tier and are asking Business Class level of travel.

The Admirals Club allows international Business (and First) Class pax into the lounge. They give them the complimentary (2) drink chits. That is really the only 'benefit' of flying international from the lounge standpoint. You don't get better food or seats .. you are competing with members of the AC for everything .. computers, newspapers, snacks (what there is).

The main benefit of using the AC (business) lounge at any international location is the AC AAngels who can assist with any irregular operations that might occur as compared to being at the gate with the unwashed masses in economy.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

AA business class and its lounges sound rather lifeless and a bit dreadful.

Did I read the above correctly ?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
The lounges themselves are pretty nice (thinking JFK, LAX, DFW, ORD in particular), but don't expect free food (unless you count apples and bagels), free drinks, or free wi-fi, which are offered by some competitors when you travel on domestic routes.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:55 am
Original Poster

If they don't give "free" food and drink, what is the point of a biz class lounge? Maybe I have been spoiled travelling on foreign carriers.

And when I say "free", it ain't really free. Isn't that all factored in the price of the ticket.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:43 am
Suspended

If they don't give "free" food and drink, what is the point of a biz class lounge? Maybe I have been spoiled travelling on foreign carriers.
Believe it or not-- and I hope you sitting down-- some of us have traveled on those non-AA carriers as well. But somehow, speaking personally, I just make do. If you can't, as I'm sure you're aware, you can and should buy a ticket on an airline with a nicer lounge as part of their product-- and in all likelihood a nicer in-flight J-product as well. Instead of being pre-aggravated and pre-dissapointed about the whole thing (not being able to luxuriate appropriately before a 6 hour flight)-- two months before the fact-- and the certainty at this point of unmet "expectations." It's your money.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:21 am
Suspended

Does those with paid or award business class tickets on the transcon's get ac access yet?

I like to take a shower before the flight when having a long connection, those in T9 not bad!
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Smile

Did I read the above correctly ?
Hate to really get you upset but based on your opinion in another thread you started recently you will also find children.They provide the life so the lounge is not so lifeless as you seem to think. Mostly they are better behaved than their parents.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:17 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
JFK AC showers?

I'm going to be red-eyeing back to JFK from LAX on Wednesday and would like to make a pit stop on arrival to shower and get refreshed for a meeting later in the morning. Arriving around 0730-0800, does anyone have any suggestions as to which AC to use? Looks like they both have showers, but I am curious as to whether one is nicer than the other and/or likely to be more crowded.

(oh, and wish me luck getting onto an earlier flight to LAX - the red eye will be much better with a belly full of sleep-inducing In-N-Out. )
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:53 pm

Can't speak about the other club, but the 'international' one near gates 1-12 has wonderful new showers. They're just great. I had to ask at the bar for access though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.