Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport (Florence KY) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:25 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport is located three-quarters mile from Turfway Park Race Course in Florence, Ky. Also close to Florence Mall and other shopping including Meijer. Easy on/off of I-71/75, just south of I-275.

Do NOT stay in rooms 101, 102, 103, 104 as these are near a staff room which is where a lot of employee congregating goes on so it was very noisy.

Huge HD TV, king bed was so-so in comfort, frankly I expected more comfort in the bed. Nice work area and “living room” area with big leather hassic. Can not see the TV from the desk if that matters to you.

Bath products were nice but sparse (one bar of soap, on facial bar), all had touches/smells of white ginger.

AC/heat is supplied by cheap under window unit like one would find at a Holiday Inn or Motel 6. A bit noisy even on low AC setting.

Nice lobby bar and some decent food offerings available. I didn't eat anything so can't comment on quality.

My rate of $109 I felt was too much for this property, not worth it.

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport
300 Meijer Dr
Florence, KY 41042

--
Old Jun 2, 2007, 7:24 pm

Last edited by nonyflyer; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm
Old Jun 3, 2007, 1:20 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I stayed there back in March. This was before the lobby and bar were finished. The first room I was assigned had not been cleaned. The linens smelled like men's cologne. There was still soap at the sink and in the shower. And there was someone's leftover sushi in the fridge.

I went downstairs to speak with the front desk. There was a checkin line out the door. So I played the Diamond card. I walked to the area behind the desk and called the diamond line to complain. I spoke loudly enough so that one of the desk workers could hear what I was saying, and I was quickly approached by the night manager.

A few minutes and a melted pint of Graeter's Peanut Butter Blitz later, I was assigned a new room. Later that night (close to midnight) my phone rang, and it was the same manager. She offered me either 3k GP points or a future free stay at that property. I actually have family in the area and only stayed there because he had to take a test the next day (ethics test for the KY bar exam............and he passed with flying colors <BG>). I said I'd like the 3k points. After a month of not posting, I had to make a second call to get the points posted.

SAdly, nothing could save that pint of Peanut Butter Blitz, but at least I got a clean room and 3k points to make up for it.

All in all, I like the concept, but this brand is a long way from the Hyatt quality we've all come to expect. And yes, the A/C and heat unit is way too loud.

The hotel is OK but for $79 a night (weekend) I could have gotten the new airport Sheraton or even the Marriott. With the Hyatt brand going downhill fast (see reviews on "top" Hyatt properties posted in this thread as evidence), I'm rethinking my Hyatt loyalty. FFN's are nice, but with declining quality, I am not sure it's worth it.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Maybe good to have a new review every 9 or so years ...

... whether it needs it or not.

Location has not changed from Sweet Willie's 2007 review. Can't say whether the neighboring density of box stores and chain stores and surface parking lots has grown or not.

The location is convenient from CVG if you have a rental car. It's about five miles or so from terminal, and although I haven't tried the shuttle, I did notice a sign in the elevator reminding folks that the shuttle is high demand, so you had better reserve in advance.

The Place is far enough south of the airport that you don't get airplane noise, not that that bothers me much. To my surprise, however, this is one of the few places where I found the road noise (I-71/I-75) somewhat bothersome. See if you can get a room on the other side.

On the positive side, in terms of location, if you go up to the race course and Aero Parkway (or Drive, or whatever), and head West, there is a great bike path for running (south end of tarmac) with a nice rolling hills feel to it. Wouldn't think to find such a place here, but there you have it.

Back to the property: Staff super helpful, nice vibe for late-night food, and the breakfast was reasonable quality.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:06 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
The location is convenient from CVG if you have a rental car. It's about five miles or so from terminal, and although I haven't tried the shuttle, I did notice a sign in the elevator reminding folks that the shuttle is high demand, so you had better reserve in advance.
Thanks for posting a review, you reminded me I needed to post an update.

I stayed here less than a month ago. In an effort to save a day's charge of rental car, I took the shuttle from CVG for the night. I arrived into CVG after 11pm, shuttle was there w/in 10 mins of me calling the hotel.

Shuttle ran frequently the next day. I didn't have to reserve but then it was 10am on a Saturday morning that I took the shuttle back to the airport to pick up my rental car. Shuttle driver was great and took me right to my rental car company lot, rather than to the terminal^

Another big plus for this property. I've stayed at hotels with kids teams before and both the kids & parents seemingly have NO regard for other guests. I was at this property on a Friday night, just so happens there were numerous kid's sports teams staying at the hotel. Nearly on every floor was a big standup sign stating to be quiet after 9:30PM. Worked excellent, the hotel was quiet as can be, excellent move CVG Hyatt Place !!!!^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.