Search

United.com wish list

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Arrow wish list item

UA will never do this because they don't want us actually using our refunds and vouchers, but it would be real nice if when you reprice an itinerary you got the credit right on your credit card or form of payment as opposed to a mailed voucher.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Arrow My List

Here is my list of comprehensive measures ual.com should consider.

1) Allow search fare by calendar, +-5 days showing lowest fares on each dep/arr pair of days.

2) Allow search open-jaw award travel.

3) Allow search award availability by month. Other airlines such as CO and NW allow you to view award availability by saver/ standard/ economy/ business for the entire month. UA only gives you 5 days. To search 11 months you need to click search 66 times, instead of 11 times.

4) Allow multi-city award search.

5) Allow mixed cabin award for 1K.

6) List all promotions registered.

7) Allow search by each fare basis (not just MH, YB, etc.).

8) Allow search and pay mileage upgrade online immediately. If I want to book a B fare with mileage upgrade, I have to call UA. The website won't show upgrade available and deduct 15,000 miles immediately and then let me select seat.

9) As of today, it still shows "International Standard Award Temporarily Unavailable." This has been going on for several months. UA's IT team is insulting people's intelligence or what? Get rid of that ASAP.

10) Offer itermized EQM breakdown for current year and two previous years.

11) Allow redeem vouchers/certificates online.

12) Allow booking itineraries involving partner airlines online.

13) Finally, allow seat changing online.

And, could ual.com minimize its crash frequency?

Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by kb1992
Here is my list of comprehensive measures ual.com should consider.
Great list! I was going to pick out a few favorites, but when I started thinking about it, I realized that almost all of them are pretty important to me. If I had to pick one, I think it would be the seat map because I would get the most use out of it and it would be one of the harder ones to muck up (no, that's not a challenge to the UA IT staff ). I'd also like to see a "super-expert" mode where you could construct your own itinerary from any available fare on any flight (as long as it's a legal combination), without having to rely on the UA.bomb search engine finding all the fares you might be interested in. Think of an availability display like the KVS tool, but with the ability to check the line items you want and book them right there. ^

One other suggestion: This is kind of an extension to #8, but you should be able to see award availability, including upgrade buckets, for any flight, without having to do a dummy booking. Between that, confirming mileage upgrades at time of purchase, reseating requests, and a breakdown of EQM's earned, they could save a lot of time answering my calls.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I would also add that united.com should change the multi-city search function from its current point-to-point configuration. I would much prefer a system like that on expedia where one can explicitly search for itineraries arriving at one airport and departing from another (e.g. arrive DCA, depart IAD). Or, is there already some way to do this on the bomb of which I am unaware?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:08 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
10) Offer itermized EQM breakdown for current year and two previous years.

11) Allow redeem vouchers/certificates online.

12) Allow booking itineraries involving partner airlines online.

And, could ual.com minimize its crash frequency?

14) Show miles earned towards next set of 500 mile upgrades.

AA has this, why can't UA?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Companion Profiles and middle initials

Do you have companions that have Mileage Plus numbers and have middle initials in their profiles?

Have you tried to add a companion to your profile and been told by united.com that the name does not match the Mileage Plus number?

The problem is that the companion add screen does not include a middle initial, whereas united.com's "join mileage plus" screen does. And united.com is too stupid to simply not compare the middle initial.

"Enhancement" request: Include a middle initial in the companion add screen, or leave the screen as is, and fix the comparision logic.

Workaround for a united.com: When adding a companion to your profile, append a space and middle initial to the first name. Worked for me.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good suggestions, but isn't (13) already possible? Can you explain what you mean?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Good suggestions, but isn't (13) already possible? Can you explain what you mean?
I had the same thought, then realzied that post was from 2006, when I don't think you could. There are a couple of things on that list you can do now.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CTAnderson
I had the same thought, then realzied that post was from 2006, when I don't think you could. There are a couple of things on that list you can do now.
Ahhh...I fell for the old bumped thread--I saw the date on the post immediately prior to mine but ignored the other dates.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:17 am

Hold award travel online

Book star alliance online

change award travel online

select seats in E+ if there are four people on a PNR and two of them are Premier

redeem PMO/DOLLARUA certificates online
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Yeah, maybe kb1992's list will be implemented by the time I'm dead
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by gomike
Hold award travel online

Book star alliance online

change award travel online

select seats in E+ if there are four people on a PNR and two of them are Premier

redeem PMO/DOLLARUA certificates online
and

List all promotions registered.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wink My wishlist...

self destruct...
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: UAL
I'd settle for the stability, reliability, and availability of Windows 3.0.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I'd settle for the functionality of the disk-based UnitedConnection software.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.