AA Baggage Tracer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Thumbs up AA Baggage Tracer

Delayed Baggage Lookup
Old Jun 2, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by boazs
I don't think this is necessarily what you thought it was.

Would be awesome to have a bag tracker, but this is a claim tracker. So you can ask them where your bag is and they can tell you:

"Please accept our apology for this inconvenience. We will do everything we can to return your property to you as quickly as possible."

Click the link to the "file locator example" and you'll see what I mean.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
I don't think this is necessarily what you thought it was.

Would be awesome to have a bag tracker, but this is a claim tracker. So you can ask them where your bag is and they can tell you:

"Please accept our apology for this inconvenience. We will do everything we can to return your property to you as quickly as possible."

Click the link to the "file locator example" and you'll see what I mean.
I think this is just the Property Irregularity Receipt you get at the airport, which contains the File Locator Number (FLN).
You can then use the FLN together with your last name to track your bag. I didn't see an example of the tracking output. But then again, perhaps I got it all wrong.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
No I'm sure you don't have it wrong on that. They are even touting it as a new feature on the front page at aa.com.

I just question whether having access to it will give you any different info than what the example of the receipt already shows. I would think that if it's lost, they don't know where it is, and if they do know where it is, then generally they have already phoned you to tell you and get delivery instructions before the web feature has become useful.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
I have not been phoned in any of the lost bag situations -- it just shows up or I pester them by calling and holding until I can ask for status, until I find out they have at least found the bag.

Being able to click and see is a great improvement over long holds and opaque processes.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
If they actually add data to it -- the last time I had a lost bag I called to get the status of it and the agent told me they had not found it yet (it was lost at DFW and I was in California) and not five minutes later the hotel called me to tell me it had been delivered and it had all the irregularity markings on the tag.

If they can't get their system updated, it won't do any good to expose that to the web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.