Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread)

Old Dec 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
How to get AA flight history
From the older AA forum FAQ:

Q. Where can I get my complete AA account history?

AA.com only retains account records online for six months. Thus, many AAdvantage members will save a PDF copy of their account statement each month for their records. Older statements are available for a fee by calling AAdvantage Customer Service. An 18-month summary report requires 2-3 weeks to deliver. Statements from the last 3 years are provided in the form of screen shots. Older statements may be available on microfiche.

Individual flight histories can also be tracked using FlightMemory.com, a free website with attractive graphical displays and annual summaries. Extensive data can be uploaded from spreadsheets for a fee.

Print Wikipost

Old May 25, 2007, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador

Is anyone aware of a way to get a printout of all of your AAdvantage activity?

========== MODERATOR NOTE==========

Please read posts #s 24, 26, 27, 40, 79, ...

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm Reason: updated mod note with links
Old May 25, 2007, 10:07 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTT | IHG PLT| Hertz 5 Star | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
You can get the last 6 months online at aa.com. For more than that, you'll probably have to call Customer Service (800-421-0600).

cheers!
Old May 26, 2007, 6:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Is anyone aware of a way to get a printout of all of your AAdvantage activity?
Originally Posted by AAir_head
You can get the last 6 months online at aa.com. For more than that, you'll probably have to call Customer Service (800-421-0600).
Any luck? I had the same "wonder" the other day.

Are you asking so that you can get an accurate map on flightmemory.com?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
It would be really great if AA provided something like this, such as a year-end activity summary on request. Has this ever been done?

My flightmemory.com is all set because I take notes religiously on the flights I take. But still would be nice to have a printout to look over and reminisce about past years and all the miles coming in, etc.
Old May 26, 2007, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
You can call AAdvantage Customer Service and get printouts of as much activity as you want. Of course, they charge a hefty fee for this service.
Old May 26, 2007, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
You can call AAdvantage Customer Service and get printouts of as much activity as you want. Of course, they charge a hefty fee for this service.
Do you have any experience with this? What kinda of $ are we talking about?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:36 am
Suspended

That sounds made up-- is it true?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
i think UA has this on their website much more easily accessible. certainly something many would appreciate, especially the addicts among us...
Old May 26, 2007, 11:02 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My experience is by no means recent but I did once receive a cumulative printout of my AA activity. It was about 10 years ago and came to me unrequested as a result of me questioning some bonus mile calculation. It was in the form of what looked like a mainframe print job so it was not pretty.

It was hefty but no "hefty fee" was charged. If I got one today, it would probably arrive in a box.
Old May 26, 2007, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
That sounds made up-- is it true?

Yes, it's true. At least it used to be. I remember back when AA stopped sending out paper statements to members with addresses inside the USA. At the time, I was in need of a full year's worth of activity. When I called AAdv CS, the AAgent said she would be happy to send me a year-end summary for $20.
Old May 26, 2007, 7:40 pm

You can call AAdvantage Customer Service and get printouts of as much activity as you want.
Actually... not true.

You can call and get 18 months of previous statements, in a statement format. It takes 2-3 weeks.

You can call and request copies of all activity on file. These are not statements, but screen prints. And the data available is only for the past 2-3 years. Usually takes about a week. There is a fee for each one of these services.
Old May 26, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver
The fee is $50 for a service of providing you the last 18 months of account activity. I just did this last week. You can email advantage with the question, and just reply to their reply with your credit card number.
Old May 30, 2007, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
The fee is $50 for a service of providing you the last 18 months of account activity. I just did this last week. You can email advantage with the question, and just reply to their reply with your credit card number.
Wow. That seems pricey.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it should be free, but $50 seems steep.
Old May 30, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jwking
Wow. That seems pricey.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it should be free, but $50 seems steep.
I think it SHOULD be free. We are talking about my own transaction data in a computer driven world. They should simply have that history available online in my account (works this way at overstock and tons of other websites).
Old May 30, 2007, 8:00 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by dukieee
I think it SHOULD be free. We are talking about my own transaction data in a computer driven world. They should simply have that history available online in my account (works this way at overstock and tons of other websites).
Have you written your suggestions to AA?

The web-programmers AA has seem to be locked away in a room someplace and never ever travel themselves. If they actually would usability test some of the functions they have before they are released (hey any member on FT could do a good job of testing) they would have add some value to their IT.

Remember the IT techie staff you are talking about are the ones that:
. Cannot manage to put eVIP balance on-line
. Took away the 'all' cabin view of available seats (something ExpertFlyer has put in place)
. Added the Spanish language to the various screens and made us use our mouse much much more (since tab stops now on the English and Spanish links) where other web sites have these off-focus and allow tab movement much more easily
. Do not test their products on the technology widely available and used by REAL pax (hey it works on IE5 so it must work for everyone)

I mean with products available (for free) like flightmemory.com .. why could AA not provide mapping of our flights (historical and future) as well as displaying routing options to us visually?

I think there are a lot of priorities that the AA web programmers are given that have no relationship to the real BIS business traveler. It is very obvious that they do not travel nor use their product the way a road warrior does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.