Embarking on a trip of a lifetime tomorrow - thank you

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others

After about 10 months of research on this site and others and created and recreating my itinerary and dates several times, I am finally ready to leave on a double RTW trip lasting most of the summer.

This is the itinerary - flight in parenthesis are my own purchases

(BOS-IAD-LAX) UA 3 class F award - only charged 45k mi due to ICC incompetence

(LAX-SYD-AKL) UA fare mistake deal upgraded to F

(AKL-SYD) NZ purchased on STA for less than $100

LONE4 begins here SYD-(JNB-CPT-JNB)-VFA-JNB-MRU
AONE4 begins here MRU-LHR-IST//ESB*-LHR-DXB//MCT-LHR-YVR-JFK-SJU-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-SIN-(BKK-KUL-SIN)-HKG-LHR-NBO
LONE4 picks up again here NBO-LHR-ARN-MAD-ATH-LHR-LAX
return with UA p.s. F LAX-JFK

end of summer (mid sept).

*during IST//ESB we go down to visit DAM and AMM by land

We then have remaining segments for winter/spring travel next year BOS-AUA-BOS-SDQ-BOS-LAX-AKL-ADL-PER-MEL-(AKL-SYD-LAX-BOS) using UA fare mistake to return in F

Just wanted to thank the FT community and especially the people on this board for making this possible. Will hopefully be posting trip reports and pictures as the trip progresses.
Old May 24, 2007, 10:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Sounds wonderful. Safe travels and have a great time.
Old May 24, 2007, 10:27 pm

Do post a trip report...with all the details!
Old May 24, 2007, 11:22 pm

Are you %$#@ing kidding me? That's quite an itin!

Congrats, and have a blast!
Old May 24, 2007, 11:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That sounds great. Can't wait for a report.
Old May 24, 2007, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by chewy3
After about 10 months of research on this site and others and created and recreating my itinerary and dates several times, I am finally ready to leave on a double RTW trip lasting most of the summer.

This is the itinerary - flight in parenthesis are my own purchases

(BOS-IAD-LAX) UA 3 class F award - only charged 45k mi due to ICC incompetence

(LAX-SYD-AKL) UA fare mistake deal upgraded to F

(AKL-SYD) NZ purchased on STA for less than $100

LONE4 begins here SYD-(JNB-CPT-JNB)-VFA-JNB-MRU
AONE4 begins here MRU-LHR-IST//ESB*-LHR-DXB//MCT-LHR-YVR-JFK-SJU-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-SIN-(BKK-KUL-SIN)-HKG-LHR-NBO
LONE4 picks up again here NBO-LHR-ARN-MAD-ATH-LHR-LAX
return with UA p.s. F LAX-JFK

end of summer (mid sept).

*during IST//ESB we go down to visit DAM and AMM by land

We then have remaining segments for winter/spring travel next year BOS-AUA-BOS-SDQ-BOS-LAX-AKL-ADL-PER-MEL-(AKL-SYD-LAX-BOS) using UA fare mistake to return in F

Just wanted to thank the FT community and especially the people on this board for making this possible. Will hopefully be posting trip reports and pictures as the trip progresses.
You've made at least one FT'er jealous. I hope you have time to enjoy each stopover! The inside of an aluminum tube is still the inside of an aluminum tube even if you've got a cushy flat bed underneath you
Old May 25, 2007, 5:20 am

Good luck and for your sake hope the baseball season ends to your likings.....
Old May 25, 2007, 6:06 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Wow !!!

What an itinerary !!!

All I can say is HAPPY TRAILS ! ^
Old May 25, 2007, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by chewy3
Looking forward to seeing them. Have a safe trip.
Old May 26, 2007, 5:38 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
What an amazing trip. Bring back a great trip report and many happy memories. Good luck with UA.
Old May 27, 2007, 2:52 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Don't mean to Hijack..... Our RTW

But Kiwi and Canarsie ask for others in their blog.

My bride (of 10 years) and I are currently doing OW Business Class Award ticket (151 US taxes ea) TVC-BOS-SNN>LHR-HKG-SYD-HNL-TVC. From Shannon came to Bergen, Norway for fjiord tour today and then on to Venice and Brussels on Ryanair. Sydney to Cairns side trip on Virgin Blue. (440US)

My costs were under 2300 US for flights and hotels using miles for the OW ticket and hotel points from Choice Privileges (Cairns) cc signup, Kauai Hilton (entertainment card rate 105us per nite) 2 nites Sydney (Goldpoints-Shutterfly promo), 3 nights Paramatta Australia Marriott Courtyard cc signups,
BOS 2 nights SPG cc signup, 2 nites hostel Killarney 42 per nite, 4 nites Bergen Norway Scandic 40,000 Hhonors (booked prior to points increase), 2 nites Hotel Carletto 56us per nite Treviso, Italy, 3 nites Katoomba AU hostel 60US per nite, HKG Ramada 80US per nite.

Is it the trip of a lifetime? I hope not. With all FT has taught me and the "JUMBO" fares that keep popping up, who knows what the trip of a lifetime will be? Maybe it is the SFO-AKL trip next year? Or maybe a mistake in the future? I'll keep coming back

Thanks FT
Gratefully been to Iceland, Romania, Hawaii (twice), Europe (3 times), Costa Rica, Palm Springs, Charlotte, Portland,ME and numerous BRG all on FT deals

INGY

Last edited by ingy; May 27, 2007 at 2:56 pm Reason: spelling as usual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.