Wiki Posts
Search

DTW McNamara Parking Garage Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
DTW McNamara Parking Garage Yesterday

Hey, anybody caught in this last evening.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=200770523079

I had a co-worker who was stuck in a line of traffic for over an hour because the credit card machines were not working. When watching on the local news last night, it looked like wall to wall traffic getting out. I guess this is also the second or third time in the last few weeks this has happened.
Old May 24, 2007, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
TV indicates people were stuck for a good 90 minutes to 2 hours...

I always park off airport and now have all the justification I need to continue to do so.

Bob H
Old May 24, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: NWA-SE; Hertz 5*
I got so many door ding's from inconsiderate flyer's that I no longer drive. I get metrocars now.
Old May 25, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
I thought that you paid inside for the parking at the McNamara terminal. It seems like the line would have been on foot, inside by the elevators, not outside in cars. I usually only see one casher outside at the exit for people who left their tickets in their cars. Does anyone know if this had to do with the new ticketless system they are trying to put into place where you can insert your cc when you arrive and then insert the same card when you leave?
Old May 25, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
You don't have to pay inside, but it is a lot faster and easier if you do. I don't know about it being ticketless, but the airport official interviewed on the news did say this problem happened due to upgrading and installation of a new computer system.
Old May 29, 2007, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I got stuck at JFK in a mess like that once. After every aisle was completely full of cars so nobody could move and we had been sitting for an additional 10 minutes or so, a PANYNJ cop came over and opened a gate. He collected everyone's parking tickets and let us all out for free
Old May 29, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
I love the two comments on the bottom of the article.

"Things are starting to look up around here: the story didn't report on anyone being shot during this mess. Way to go Metro D'ers!"

LOL

peace,
~Ben~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.