Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] NWA Cybertrips - code discount

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
[FARE GONE] NWA Cybertrips - code discount

I haven't graduated to MRer just yet and don't know if this will help anyone, but I used the NWA "LMP2007" code this morning on a "cybertrip" from their Web site (supposed to be $25 off) and it took $300 off my FLT-DTW-CLT-DTW-FLT trip this weekend. (Trip, with rental car, came to $79.50)

Not technically an MR, I know, but it was helpful to me. The code came in today's NWA e-mail. I tried it on another Site59-related trip site and it didn't work, so it might be a NW thing.
Old May 23, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by kaiserjoeicem
I haven't graduated to MRer just yet and don't know if this will help anyone, but I used the NWA "LMP2007" code this morning on a "cybertrip" from their Web site (supposed to be $25 off) and it took $300 off my FLT-DTW-CLT-DTW-FLT trip this weekend. (Trip, with rental car, came to $79.50)

Not technically an MR, I know, but it was helpful to me. The code came in today's NWA e-mail. I tried it on another Site59-related trip site and it didn't work, so it might be a NW thing.
nevermind, figured it out

Last edited by BOISJC744; May 23, 2007 at 6:05 am Reason: tired eyes missed some details
Old May 23, 2007, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
This is the deal if you can use it. I can't, doing a MSP-LGW run this weekend..

I'm not gonna post how, but check your emails, its for last minute stuff...
Old May 23, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
??? What's with all the secrecy?
Old May 23, 2007, 7:42 am
Suspended

i hate secrecy on flyertalk. isn't the point of flyertalk is that it is a public forum....the key word being "public"?
Old May 23, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
I don't see what's the secret, the OP said pretty much everything you need to do (including the code). Thanks... too bad I already have plans for this weekend.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:07 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=fly co to see the yanks;7784256]i hate secrecy on flyertalk. /QUOTE]

Sorry, like I said, I am not a true MRer. It's not a true MR, either, but for me, it came out to .04/mi - and that was with a rental car.

What did I leave out of the OP that is "secret"? I truly don't know what you mean.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1k
Thanks for the deal, as far as I can see on nwa.com this works for any combination I have seen.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Yeah, this is a fantastic deal, nice work OP. Too bad most people already have memo plans.

I could do Atlanta and Back from the D this weekend for 84$.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
There is no secret. But there's no reason to post a link and have NWA's foreign help desk shut it down instantly either.....
Old May 23, 2007, 8:30 am

[QUOTE=kaiserjoeicem;7784486]
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i hate secrecy on flyertalk. /QUOTE]

Sorry, like I said, I am not a true MRer. It's not a true MR, either, but for me, it came out to .04/mi - and that was with a rental car.

What did I leave out of the OP that is "secret"? I truly don't know what you mean.
I wasn't referring to any particular post, just the tone of the first three posts in general. Maybe cryptic is a better word to describe it.

You talked about the deal but didn't explain what cybertrip is and where to find it on nwa.com. BOISJC744's reply was lacking in detail as well. Then gpan came back with a "I'm not gonna post how..."

I am not bothered by this or anything. I was just making a general observation.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
It works great for next weekend as well -- too bad I already have plans, then. DC based flyers may find it worthwhile to look to nearby cities as the deals I am finding look much better out of RIC, PHL, etc.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Great find by the OP^ Too bad I'm leaving for BUH this weekend, or I'd be all over this deal.

Just for fun, I played around with some of the packages and was able to price a flight+rental car package from Madison to Atlanta, Thursday, May 24 through Monday, May 28 for $87 after the discount, including taxes and fees for one person. The same package for two (only rental car, no hotel) came to $389 including taxes and fees after the discount. The same package but with flight+hotel (a Holiday Inn) for one person comes to $245 after the discount. The same flights booked for two people including both hotel and rental car comes to $578 with the discount. You'd actually be better off booking two people on separate tickets (one with the car and one with the hotel) so both receive the discount for a grand total of $332.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:51 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=hw711;7784656]
You talked about the deal but didn't explain what cybertrip is and where to find it on nwa.com. BOISJC744's reply was lacking in detail as well. Then gpan came back with a "I'm not gonna post how..."
QUOTE]

Cybertrip is what NW calls their last-minute trips. I figured everyone on this board would have known that. It's not a secret for NW fliers.

I do think the code expires at the end of May, though. I should have put that in the OP.
Old May 23, 2007, 9:07 am

Oh, you meant CyberSaver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.