Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pam Ann - One World Alliance

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Talking Pam Ann - One World Alliance

I have to recommend to everyone that you go see "Pam Ann" if you can. She's an Australian comedienne with a passion for the airline industry.

Go to http://www.pamann.com/ to find out where and when she will be near you.

I was in tears of laughter from the first minute. I saw the UK version of the show. If you know the most popular UK airlines then you will enjoy this show.

She is also touring the US.

If you get to see her or have seen her current show then please tell me your review.
Old May 18, 2007, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Welcome to FT!

Pam Ann is revered on the BA forum - unfortunately, I've yet to catch up with her, but hope she makes it to the Festival this year.

However, I'm afraid your post will be better on the UK forum, rather than on Community, which is more for meetings and greetings, so I'll move it across there for you

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Old May 18, 2007, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Search for Pam Ann on YouTube. She sings this "From LA to New York, from New York to LA" song that is an absolute riot and will be stuck in your head for weeks.
Old May 20, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I have to agree with the OP. I have seen Pam Ann 3 times and found her to be incredibly funny. Shortly after 9/11, I saw her do a routine on disarming a terrorist in flight that could have been in poor taste if it hadn't been so skillfully written and presented. However, my fav has to be the routine that includes a "baggie" of "coke" and a snorting straw. Def see her wherever you get the chance. ^ ^
Old May 21, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Talking Pam Ann Review - Dartford 8th May!

Yes.. I was there

I caught her when I went to see her in Darford ... when I had my UAL friend visit the UK (but I won't go into that depressing experience)...

... suffice to say my friend ended up on stage with the hallowed words Do Not mess with this .....! from Pam Ann

First half of the show is dedicated to flight crew and the first 6 rows of the audience (everyone else by that line of thought is in Economy....).

She scares people generally, and then starts to invite the crew up onto stage...

If you work for EasyJet or RyanAir... be warned - you're an instant target...
Do not say you work for Britannia - Its ThomsomFly (Yes - she does keep up with flight trends)
Don't say you're a Purser for Virgin Atlantic (always late...)
BA Crew are treated ok...
UAL Crew are treated with respect if you're a battleaxe (my UAL friend calls herself this now)

The second half is more dedicated to rips on American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic (with a very appropriate M&S riptake), Donna from EasyJet (who dreams one day of flying "over water" - Its like watching an episode of Airline) and Mona the BA Girl (who misses her horse )

She will touch on subjects that some might feel are bit close to home (especially the 9/11 groundings) but she treats it well.

A very very good night out if you're Cabin Crew... and if you're a frequent flyer.. you'll get a LOT of the humour...

Recommended if you get to see her.... and get their a bit early for the PA announcements (if you've been stuck in a terminal... you'll recognise how desperate things get......)
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:28 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
I saw Pam Ann at the Edinburgh Fringe and she was superb. If you were in the front two rows, you were in F so she was nice to you. If you were in rows 3-6 you were in J - so she pretended to be nice to you for a bit, although people couldn't really enjoy themselves knowing that some people were having a much better time in front. Unfortunately I was in Y, so Pam Ann didn't even bother speaking to us.

A Flight Attendant on my day had brought along a Continental amenity kit, which was well received. But there were plenty of other FAs from various airlines. There were also lots of gays. Pam Ann likes FAs and gays, especially when they are the same people.

The show is as others have described - and suring costume changes we had to make do with the in flight videos - mostly of Pam herself but there was an advert break for Marks and Sparks. But by far the funniest bit was Donna from Easyjet. This was a cross between Waynetta Slob (Harry Enfield's TV show) and the Am I Bovvered character - but with a really sad and endearing edge: the dreaming of flying over water, and looking longingly in through the terminal windows at real hostesses (not allowed in the terminal - don't have a passport)...

The amazing part of Pam's routine, though, is managing to understand the sheer mundaneness of frequent flying, along with the unique but predictable scriptedness of each airline. OK, purists might complain that the show is racist and homophobic, but it's all done in the best possible taste!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps we need a Pam Ann forum - I can recruit loads of newbies purely on the basis of this...

Having been London based still a few years ago I had the pleasure of 'witnessing' her grow from a gay pub act into a near mainstream comedienne (channel 4 I think had her on several years ago)...

Although a lot of the material is always the same she does do a good job of introducing fresh material into each show, which is enough to make me a regular...

So far the emphasis has always been on crew members and getting crew to 'participate'... I keep waiting for her to ask if there are any OW Emerald in the audience.. I would stand up in a nano-second...
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel
However, I'm afraid your post will be better on the UK forum, rather than on Community, which is more for meetings and greetings, so I'll move it across there for you
I think the GLBT forum would have been even more appropriate...
Old Sep 11, 2007, 1:22 pm

Part of the "repetiveness" is that "the fans love the same routine" (I saw her interviewed in Metro a few months ago)

The masterstroke was getting crew involvement... (along with the obvious humilation that follows - especilly if you work for EasyJet or Virgin )

(and yes I sat in the "economy" section... she could see us.. be she could smell us.........)
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

This enticed me and she has a show on Saturday night in London, when I'm there -- but it's sold out, dang!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:04 am

For those who can't see Pam, it seems she's FINALLY getting her DVD out (on the day that I'm due to go stateside... and no decent DVD shop in MAN

(I could had done with a copy to annoy an UA FA I know.. who's in love with her)

See: http://www.pamanncomeflywithme.co.uk/

But for those of you who need your Pam fix (its been highlighed in the BA forum - see ... http://www.britishairwaysandpamann.com/

Now... you 'You f'coffee? You f'coffee?'
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Kevincm
But for those of you who need your Pam fix (its been highlighed in the BA forum - see ... http://www.britishairwaysandpamann.com/
That comes across as rather forced and un-Pam-like, IMHO.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:57 pm

Agreed - Pam Ann succeeds by being a "typical" member of the cabin crew of the various airlines. She is not substandard. The joke is on the airline and those who choose to fly with them. This is just BA corporate stuff and Pam Ann has taken her 30 pieces of silver (and why not?).

If you want to see her at her funniest, you need Donna the easyjet FA dealing with the gays. You need lots of gays.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Mr H
If you want to see her at her funniest, you need Donna the easyjet FA dealing with the gays. You need lots of gays.
Is that on her DVD?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 5:08 am

No idea - I saw her live and the best laughs were the interaction with the audience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.