knowing seat booking status from PNR number

Subscribe
Hi all
Im sorry if my post is in wrong section.
I would like to know about the possibility of knowing the booking status using PNR number, other that going through travel agent.
I called the airline agency, they told that the seat is on waitlist..I asked them my waitlist number..but they told they can't give it(rather they are unable to find)
I cant figure it out why.
By the way, my flight is with Singapore Air..I checked their website..but found nothing useful
Any help is appreciated
Try Check my trip or view trip web sites
What's the problem with phoning the TA or the airline ?
Quote: Try Check my trip or view trip web sites
What's the problem with phoning the TA or the airline ?
many thanks Mwenenzi..however I cant find my details....the message is "Your reservation number could not be found. Please check your reservation number and the spelling of your last name, and try again, or contact your travel provider."...Inspite of entering all the details correctly.
thanks Mwenenzi
i tried both websites..however they say that my information is not there inspite of enetering my details correctly
Two more:

https://www.virtuallythere.com/new/h...Finali=0&res=0
http://www.mytripandmore.com/

SmilingBoy.
thanks smiling boy..to my sorrow..none of them are showing my details..inspite of a valid booking
im going crazy
Do not worry!

This just means your booking is in none of the major booking systems. Did you book with a TA? Or with SQ direct? Online? On the phone?

SmilingBoy.
Quote: Do not worry!

This just means your booking is in none of the major booking systems. Did you book with a TA? Or with SQ direct? Online? On the phone?

SmilingBoy.
i booked the ticket with a TA and then for changing the return journey date I contacted SQ.
Something you may not realise is that there is often more than one PNR per booking - depending on how the booking was made and how many airlines you travel on. If your booking is stored on several reservation systems then there will be one PNR for each system, and you will need to use the right PNR for the right system. The PNR that your TA gave you will probably not work in SQ's system (and vice versa) - but your TA should be able to give you the SQ PNR because they will have a record of it on their system.
Quote: Do not worry!

SmilingBoy.
Not necessarily. It may be in one of them but not publicly accessible. TAs and airlines can restrict public access to pnr data.