Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Gear

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold Elite, DL, HH, Victoria Court Select Member
Travel Gear

I would like to see a forum dedicated to discussing (and possibly selling/buying) travel gear. This would include basic luggage, laptop cases, accessories, etc. I am aware of the technology discussion forums but there never seems to be that much discussion regarding luggage. I have seen this subject mentioned and it seems like there should be an area dedicated to this area of the lifestyle. This would be very helpful to members who need advice on what and what NOT to buy. It would also allow members a place brag on their Haliburtons.

Last edited by viking407rob; May 7, 2007 at 10:26 am
Old May 7, 2007, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe the moderators have ever really stopped discussion regarding luggage. There may not be a huge demand for this forum if there aren't a lot of pre-existing threads on the subject matter.
Old May 7, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there is little discussion of it in travel tech, then it may simply mean that there is not much demand for discussing it.

I've always allowed these discussions in travel tech, so I can only encourage people to post their questions in that forum.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:20 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
And some similar threads have appeared in TravelBuzz in the past.

William
Old May 7, 2007, 6:51 pm
In Memoriam

I actually like the idea. I submitted it a few years ago and was quickly poo pooed......
Old May 7, 2007, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I have certainly read and posted in numerous threads on luggage in Travel Tech. I also posted on a thread on hiking boots but that was in Omni. The one thing that I dont see covered much is travel specific clothing. Im not sure that isnt around and spread out. It would be useful, however, to hear about that I suppose.
Old May 8, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Maybe we just say that the "Travel Technology" forum is open for discussion of other travel gear?
Old May 11, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I agree with the idea of having such discussions; I think it's helpful and I'd be interested to find out some experiences with different travel equiment. For example, a while ago I was looking into getting a pair of noise-reducing headphones. The problem was, I spent way too much time reading "I have this and I like it" or "I love my..." pointless posts. Too many people felt compelled to let the whole world know what they have or bought without offering any useful information whatsoever, like some sort of comparison, practical advantages/disadvantages, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.