AS50 upgrades

Subscribe
As I understand it, one cannot upgrade AS50 awards with the MVPG upgrade coupons. If U space exists at the time MVPG complimentary upgrades clear, can an AS50 upgrade be processed?

Thanks!
you cannot use complimentary upgrades at all with the AS50
Thanks for the insight, Missy!
Quote: As I understand it, one cannot upgrade AS50 awards with the MVPG upgrade coupons. If U space exists at the time MVPG complimentary upgrades clear, can an AS50 upgrade be processed?

Thanks!
As missydarlin said, you cannot use comp upgrades with an AS50. As an MVP, I can report that some gate agents will comp you just before boarding, if you ask nicely and F is not full. But please do not EXPECT it, as they are breaking policy when they do this.

I have even had an award ticket comped to F, which really surprised me.
I've been upgraded three times on an AS50 award, either at the gate or at check-in. Be VERY grateful if it happens to you.
The search function worked great! I'll see if the eskimo smiles on me on my way to Alaska. Thanks for the info Missy and others.
Just wanted to thank you folks again for your insight. As it turns out, both segments of my AS50 itinerary were less than half full in first, and the gate agent upgraded me both times. I wasn't expecting anything and was really pleased when it happened!