New Service BWI to Greenland on Air Greenland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist

Arlington, VA, April 3, 2007 – Air Greenland (631/GL) has joined ARC as a participating carrier effective with sales starting Monday, April 2.

Air Greenland will begin a direct scheduled service between BWI (Baltimore/Washington International) and SFJ, Kangerlussuaq (Sondre Stromfjord), twice a week from June through September 2007, with an inaugural flight on May 24. Air Greenland connects to all domestic points in Greenland.

As Air Greenland has elected the General Concurrence method of agent appointment, all ARC-accredited agencies and corporate travel departments are automatically appointed as agents of the carrier, unless specifically advised to the contrary by the carrier. In addition to cash, the carrier accepts Diners Club International, MasterCard and Visa as forms of payment.

For inquiries, reservations, or sales information, contact:

Air Greenland USA
1 Penn Plaza, Suite 1926
New York, NY 10119
+1 877.245.0739
[email protected]
www.airgreenland.com
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:43 pm

I'd love to go, but the price ($1100) seems too steep(even though I know this was going to be the case) for a 5 hour flight. Especially when I've flight farther on to Iceland for about $300 RT. Hopefully they will have some specials or something.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:51 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If they decide to run a promotional fare, I'm going! ^
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Cool. And there are *some* miles to be made:

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...air_greenland/
Old Apr 22, 2007, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I check the schedule, it says the flight is run by another carrier which appears to be called "American Air Transport." Who the heck are they?
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When I check the schedule, it says the flight is run by another carrier which appears to be called "American Air Transport." Who the heck are they?
I have checked it. There is no "American Air Transport.".

The route will be operated by well known ATA Airlines with a 757-300
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:11 am

I am a little confused .I'll be in stockholm in august and would love to spend a few days in greenland .
I did think that SAS flew there but i cannot find schedules there on the SAS timetable.
Is air greenland a star alliance member -ie do you accrue miles for elite status by travelling with them ?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ozflier
I am a little confused .I'll be in stockholm in august and would love to spend a few days in greenland .
I did think that SAS flew there but i cannot find schedules there on the SAS timetable.
Is air greenland a star alliance member -ie do you accrue miles for elite status by travelling with them ?
SAS flies from CPH, but only on Fridays and Monday. Air Greenland is not in the Star Alliance, but you will earn extra points with the Eurobonus program
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:27 pm

looks like air greenland has one 330 and one 752... the rest are puddle jumpers and choppers

nice choice of the unnatural red in contrast with the terrain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.