Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Users' Guide corrections, suggestions, feedback, etc. "trailing thread"

Unofficial Users' Guide corrections, suggestions, feedback, etc. "trailing thread"

Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Unofficial Users' Guide corrections, suggestions, feedback, etc. "trailing thread"

Good day, fellow iDine / Rewards Network Forum members,

I thought I'd start an "Unofficial Users' Guide" sticky, which for the time being is under construction and closed.

The idea is to post how to use search, some links to elemental and useful threads people have posted information, suggestions, undocumented information, etc. to making the most of iDine.

The second post will likely be a "new members' welcome" post with some recommendations for those who might lurk, prairie-dog or drop in to our Forum, and wonder "what do I do next?"

This will allow rapid access to the really terrific information compiled here over time, like NJUPINTHEAIR's links to the iDine / Rewards Network programs and gardener's Great iDine Restaurants, as well as other threads with information of use or interest. It will also allow us to find the information easily, without having to resort to many more stickies; those threads stuck now can "float" and yet be jumped to immediately. (Please let me know if this is OK.)

We can also do things like incorporate the links to programs in the sticky, and consolidate a few threads out there that are duplicates or serial but on the same topic.

This is your Forum - so please feel free to share your suggestions and recommendations for how this should shape up for your, and new members', ease of use and usefulness.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 3, 2007 at 11:24 am Reason: the occasionalupdate, mess aorund ;)
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:21 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I suggest that we all buy J.D. an Idine drink for his hard work and welcoming attitude.

You better be careful Diver, if you do really well here you will get promoted to be the Mod over in OMNI...the FT version of getting transferred to Iraq.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 7:25 am
Original Poster

All I can say to that is...

OTOH, I returned to Vietnam this year, after being away since 1965, and it was much better than I'd imagined... heh heh. Thanks for the welcome and feedback. The sticky will grow, and gardener has already been helpful with some ideas; all I need is the time, and members' patience.

Originally Posted by Jailer
I suggest that we all buy J.D. an Idine drink for his hard work and welcoming attitude.

You better be careful Diver, if you do really well here you will get promoted to be the Mod over in OMNI...the FT version of getting transferred to Iraq.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Post Commo to Forum members on stickies, etc.

Good day, fellow miles-munching members,

I've added a mini-Glossary for terms we use here, but it is just a very tiny effort so far. Please feel free to add any terms in this trailing thread to the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky, and I will add them.

I also added an Announcement for new members, as FlyerTalk has been mentioned in several media from time to time, and then we may get some new members visiting.

I'll occasionally be off on some training or a trip with limited availability, so if any aid is needed if something goes wrong (the trolls or spammers mess with our forum!) just follow the instructions in the Welcome announcement.

May you be beneficiaries of great bonus offers, always have good food and good service, and have tailwinds when you fly.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 29, 2008 at 8:34 pm Reason: add / edit / update

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.