Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just found a knife on my plane

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Just found a knife on my plane

Note:
Due to the issues with the FlyerTalk WAP (Wireless Cellular Phone Access) site and DST, I have revised my posts only to place them in the correct posting order. The original content is unchanged - I just reordered the posts to make it easier to read:

Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)
I just had a lovely flight on Horizon Ont-pdx. I chatted with both fas, ate my lunch, and had 2 beers. I was seated in the next to last row of the crj-700. On landing, I felt between my seats and found a nice surprise, a 12 inch ginzu knife. I immediately pointed it and handed it to the fa. She asked if it was mine. I have been through tsa 2x today, most recently as a SSSS and passed without incident. I was in contact with a ginzu yesterday, but this obviously is not mine and I told her so. As I left she said she was going to look around the seat for anything else suspicious. I am headed to pdx rcc now. Should I expect tsa to meet me at my next flight? Do I have to worry about becoming a tsa vip? I am up in the ua rcc right now if anyone is looking for me afterall.

I rarely wander into this forum, but would appreciate your advice. In my 500k of lifetime flying, this is a first for me and a bit scarry. Thanks for your advice, Mrp Alert.

Here is what should have been my second post. After this, the thread is basically in order.
I am about to leave the RCC for my Horizon flight home. It is supposed to be the same flight crew as my earlier flight. Have not seen any LEOs yet, but who knows what I will find at the gate.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Mar 31, 2007 at 2:59 am Reason: added correct order of postings
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You should have just kept it and kept your mouth shut. Free Ginzu for you, no hassles for you and your fellow passengers.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Do tell how it turns out.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
[DELETED DUE TO DST BUGS] See notes in post #1

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Mar 31, 2007 at 2:58 am
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
You should have just kept it and kept your mouth shut. Free Ginzu for you, no hassles for you and your fellow passengers.
It sounds like someone accidentally carried it aboard, not an al Qaeda or Hezbollah terrorist plot.

If I found and IED on the plane, I'd turn it in or run like --- out of the emergency exit. For a simple knife, why bother?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Tsa suit type and 2 uniforms are hanging. Out in front of gate. Just got paged to get my seat assignment. Let the fun begin.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Got my bp and was asked to speak to the tsa folks. We walked away from the general gate area but not out of public view. I was asked to produce my identification which I did. I was subjected to a full secondary and bag check under supervision of the tsa supervisor. They asked me for my phone number which I gladly gave. I had no issues cooperating with them and they were nothing but friendly and thanked me for my help. Afterward, a couple of pax asked what happened and I answered truthfully. I believe they gave my next ac a full inspection as we were magically delayed and I overheard a couple of 400 lb guys walking off saying the aircraft was clear. I sincerely hope I don't end up SSSS-screwed on my future mileage runs for being a good person and doing the right thing and reporting the 12" ginzu.

Btw, spiff thanks for the kind words - they gave me a great chuckle in preperation for my tsa encounter.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

I feel like all eyes are on me. Should I just ask for a reroute onto us?
Stay the course and keep the faith.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Flight delayed due to crew consultation. Couple plainclothed fams tried to talk to me but it turned more into an interview than anything else so I walked away.

Horizon 2595 my next flight still has not begun boarding. I would love to find out what the notes in the res system give as the delay reason.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat 50J
It sounds like someone accidentally carried it aboard, not an al Qaeda or Hezbollah terrorist plot.

If I found and IED on the plane, I'd turn it in or run like --- out of the emergency exit. For a simple knife, why bother?
In response as to why report, I am honest to a fault. Also, I was sitting directly in front of the fa and have plenty of ginzus at home. I don't need another one.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

I feel like all eyes are on me. Should I just ask for a reroute onto us?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:28 pm

See what happens when you turn in non-credible items?

Now you know what to do next time:

Keep quiet and keep the knife. You were unnecessarily harassed and interrogated and you didn't come out ahead by one ginzu knife.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert

Suited gentleman already on ac sitting next to me. Fam. Yippee
Let this be a lesson to everyone:

Don't turn in knives! Keep them or throw them away!!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Is it just me? The posts all seem to be out of order in this thread...
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Let this be a lesson to everyone:

Don't turn in knives! Keep them or throw them away!!
Exactly. You can only hope it doesn't turn into a lifetime SSSS.

No good turn goes unpunished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.