Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Denver Tech Center - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:55 am
Original Poster

This is a great hotel with all the suites inside one building. This is my second stay and everyone at the desk is very nice doing what ever they can to address your needs. I checked in early yesterday and they upgraded me to a two bedroom suite because they did not have any clean one bedroom suites^ ^ ^ . There free internet is not wireless unless you are in the lobby. Monday-Thursday they put out hot food and help yourself beer & wine in the evening. Breakfast is cereal,waffles,eggs,fruits and juices. When in the area I would pick this hotel every time. It also has a guest laundry with about four washers and dryers where as all the HP hotels in the area have removed there laundrys.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
I agree with the above post. We stayed at the Summerfield Suites last month on our way to Breckenridge. It was clean and well run. Front desk employees were courteous. Breakfast was more than we expected. Enjoy!!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm at the AS DTC right now.. lobby is a wreck as they are redoing this place.. the room is ok.. yeah its nice but its a handicap so that is a strike.. but I can live with it for the price
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I'm at the AS DTC right now.. lobby is a wreck as they are redoing this place.. the room is ok.. yeah its nice but its a handicap so that is a strike.. but I can live with it for the price
I stayed at every A/S in denver last week and the lobbys are a wreck at every one but you can't go wrong for $62.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:57 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
wellll... its been $55 in DC lately... smile

Originally Posted by bbbb
I stayed at every A/S in denver last week and the lobbys are a wreck at every one but you can't go wrong for $62.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:53 am

but you can go wrong for $109 which is what I paid

I asked them last night to input my GP number and wrote it down for him

Not there on the invoice under the door

I had them put it in again at checkout since the guy last night did not put it in according to the morning clerk and he says it won't show on the invoice which is not a good thing

lets see if this one posts
Old Feb 20, 2007, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

but you can go wrong for $109 which is what I paid

I asked them last night to input my GP number and wrote it down for him

Not there on the invoice under the door

I had them put it in again at checkout since the guy last night did not put it in according to the morning clerk and he says it won't show on the invoice which is not a good thing

lets see if this one posts
I noticed something last week in Denver,when it was a AAA rate my GP # was never on the bill under the door. When it was not a AAA rate my GP # was always on the bill. I asked at two hotels to get a copy with my GP # on it and they both told me they can't do it and it should post fine. I had one night stays every night from last Monday to Sunday and they all posted today without any problems.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:14 pm

Just curious, which hotels were you hopping at last week?

last night AS DTC, tonight AS COS

I noticed something last week in Denver,when it was a AAA rate my GP # was never on the bill under the door. When it was not a AAA rate my GP # was always on the bill. I asked at two hotels to get a copy with my GP # on it and they both told me they can't do it and it should post fine. I had one night stays every night from last Monday to Sunday and they all posted today without any problems.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Just curious, which hotels were you hopping at last week?

last night AS DTC, tonight AS COS
DTC SS 3 nights
DTC A/S 2 nights
Park Meadows A/S 3 nights
Denver Airport A/S 1 night

All one night stays
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:02 pm

DTC SS 3 nights
DTC A/S 2 nights
Park Meadows A/S 3 nights
Denver Airport A/S 1 night

All one night stays
thanks, well then there is hope for my DTC AS to post quickly
Old Apr 26, 2009, 8:06 pm

Any recent stays? Comments on the fitness center? Thanks!
Old May 9, 2009, 6:27 pm

Checked in last Thursday on a one-night reservation. I added a second night, then three more. I've got another reservation for a week in late-May and one for September. Most of this is discretionary travel - I can stay where I want, and at rates up to three times the $59 I'm paying here. But no more Grand Hyatt or HR Downtown. No thanks HR Denver Tech Center. And HP DTC...

Luxury this may not be. But I've had flawless service. The property is like new and I've benefitted from low occupancy rates. The fitness center is very well-equipped and 24/7. Breakfast is pretty limited for vegetarian types, though there are eggs and sausage and bacon and waffles and pancakes and a variety of bread for the omnivores. Daily features have included breakfast pizza and burritos. Me? I get fruit. Not canned; fresh. Good coffee. Comfortable seating, including some high, bar-like tables.

The pool's empty. Don't know what's up there. Parking is plentiful and free.

I got a full two bedroom, two bath set-up. The kitchen is on the small side, but there's a large living room. Free and functional wi-fi throughout. Four terminal business center - free.

Haven't been to evening reception.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Great for the money, and I really don't like the extended-stay model. Quality remodel. Way better than average low to no-cost business center. Evening reception was on par with a Regency Club. Breakfast not exciting or gourmet but hot, but would think at full occupancy seating could be a problem. In a surprise for a SS, they knew what a Diamond was. The Diamond "I'm here" points didn't post, but even at that they seemed to be coded.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Just checked out yesterday and overall it was better than I expected. Probably one of the better HH-SS out there. For one, its bright @:-)

It appeared the entire hotel has been renovated. Inner courtyard w/ pool looked very nice (was too cold to swim). The bed was very comfortable and appeared to be a new Grand beds. Over 100 channels on TV (inc HBO) - not Hi-Def. Evening fare was ok and breakfast was typical SS. Wireless was decent (way better than the HP down the next exit).

Will definitley return for the bed and HBO.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:56 pm

Stayed here last night............

1. Check in..... typical hotel check in....... Initial impressions, an aged inn. I dont recall being offered anything as a Diamond member, but when I asked about "whether the tap water was safe to drink" I was offered complimentary bottled water. Before they finalized my check in, they had someone go into the room just to inspect everything was good to go for this Diamond Guest.

2. Room, like a bachelor's apartment..... Stainless steel appliances with brown cabinets. A living space with TV, bedroom, a dresser/sink area and inside is the shower n toilet bowl........... With the exception of the flatscreen TV and modern looking appliances (fridge etc).....the rest looks old....

3. Amenities..... White Ginger soap, conditioner, body wash in a dispenser..... There's a note saying its part of their commitment to reduce waste. Hotel also offers a shuttle until 8+pm (which is a little early if one wants to hang out downtown), an outdoor swimming pool, a semi-outdoor sauna *both situated in the center courtyard*, business center, fitness center, free outdoor parking and breakfast....

4. Breakfast - sausage, eggs, toast/bread, pancakes, cereals, yoghurt, coffee, tea, juices etc...

5. Nearby is Centennial Promenade and Park Meadows Mall....lots of great shopping places & restaurants. There is also a rail station that gets you downtown (unfortunately I didnt use it because the shuttle ends too early)

Overall, for the price of $98....I think its great value..... Staff were very friendly and particularly one front staff (I believe her name was Liz and speaks both spanish/english) was particularly enthusiastic! I also appreciate their attention to detail!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.