Interactive Hilton Hotel Maps

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Interactive Hilton Hotel Maps

After receiving positive feedback from the Starwood maps (see this FT Thread) i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
1) Enter all or part of any US or Canadian address in the text box and select a radius to search by. Click GO.
2) A map will then appear centered on your location, and all Hilton branded hotels within the radius you selected will be shown on the map
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability

This is an extension of the BetterChecker website which helps users search hotel rates across multiple brands, so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.

Any feedback is welcomed and if anyone has a suggestion, finds a problem, mistake, missing hotel, etc, please let us know.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
"Bookmarked" Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 2:20 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Extremely cool! Nicely done.

(The Hilton Reno, though, is no longer a Hilton)
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:12 am

Programs: Priority club Platinum Royal Ambassador, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriot Spg, Trip reward's, Air tran
Love it.
Thanks a lot
Jim
Old Feb 12, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by thereuare
After receiving positive feedback from the Starwood maps (see this FT Thread) i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
1) Enter all or part of any US or Canadian address in the text box and select a radius to search by. Click GO.
2) A map will then appear centered on your location, and all Hilton branded hotels within the radius you selected will be shown on the map
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability

This is an extension of the BetterChecker website which helps users search hotel rates across multiple brands, so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.

Any feedback is welcomed and if anyone has a suggestion, finds a problem, mistake, missing hotel, etc, please let us know.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by thereuare
After receiving positive feedback... i have just released a similar page with Hilton Interactive Maps

How it works:
3) Put your cursor over a hotel marker to see the name of the hotel. Click a hotel marker on the map to see additional information about the hotel and for a link to check availability...
... so this seemed like a natural fit for users who were specifically interested in just the Hilton brand of properties.
I am a comparative newbie and FlyerTalk ignorant to be sure. But, Moderators, can this thread become a sticky? Wow! I just used the links and found (3) Hiltons that had previously been unknown to me in an area I frequent. The Hilton website is so cubersome. Sigh... Thank you muchly, OP, you rock muchly. ^
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice

Thanks hereuare for a nice easy way to view the HH props. You should contact the HH gurus, offer it to them and perhaps gets a few million HH points for your efforts.

MisterNice
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Wow -- that is great!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Just an observation - the geocoding for the Biltmore is off and showing about 25 miles north of where it actually is.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:13 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by sallyerd
I am a comparative newbie and FlyerTalk ignorant to be sure. But, Moderators, can this thread become a sticky? Wow!
A link to this thread is now included in the sticky thread.

Thank you for this useful tool, thereuare!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Cool thanks thereuare ^^
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
Cool.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:07 am
Original Poster

The Hilton Reno, though, is no longer a Hilton
Removed... thanks.

the Biltmore is off and showing about 25 miles north of where it actually is
Fixed... if still not accurate please let me know.

A link to this thread is now included in the sticky thread
Glad to see it has been helpful and so well received. Please continue to report suggestions and/or any issues you have.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 6:37 am
Original Poster

For anyone who uses other programs, we have just released this same tool for Marriott hotels:

Marriott Interactive Maps

... and Starwood Maps are still avaialble as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.