Carry on at LHR

Subscribe
Do they allow 1 bag + laptop or just the bag?
Does it matter if you are in C?
Quote: Do they allow 1 bag + laptop or just the bag?
Just a bag. And they are very strict. Not sure about C though.
Hi,

Irrespective of class( even F) , it is one bag at LHR ( you could put your laptop bag inside your other bag to get through security then take it out)

Regards

TBS
And here I thought the old movie series had been revived with a new location:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_films
Quote: Just a bag. And they are very strict. Not sure about C though.
I'm not sure how strict they are. I went through LHR security this weekend with another FTer and we both took two bags through, no problem. One rollaboard and one laptop bag each.

This was T3, fast track FWIW.

And yes, I know the rule is one bag only. I was going to put my laptop bag into my rollaboard if I had to.
When I went through LHR in September, they did not enforce the one bag at the fast track in T3.
I've departed LHR twice this month (T3 fast track)...
The guards of the entrance seem more focused on the plastic bag nonsense than the # of bags....I saw a handful of people with 2 bags that made it through but didn't attempt it myself.
See this tread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651124
When I flew through LHR in early December, they were VERY strict about one bag, and were sending folks who had more than one carry-on back to check them.

When I flew through LRH again last week, it seemed MUCH less strict and I didn't even notice anyone turned away for having more than one bag.

Tim
I've been out of LHR about 6 times in the past two weeks. UA check-in will tell you to check in the second bag, but Fast Track has been *VERY* lax about it.
Since this is not just UA-related, I am moving this to the London forum. Thanks for your understanding.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
I was stopped entering the Fast Track section of the Flight Connections Center and made to put my handbag into my carryon last weekend.