Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Left Marriott) Hotel Pitrizza Sardinia [Master Thread]

(Left Marriott) Hotel Pitrizza Sardinia [Master Thread]

Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:52 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Arrow (Left Marriott) Hotel Pitrizza Sardinia [Master Thread]

Does anyone have an award reservation with a Confirmation # at the Hotel Pitrizza on Sardinia?

I've only managed to get an award reservation # since the awards were not loaded when I made the reservation in September.

I am looking to see if the hotel has issued any confirmation numbers for reservations because I haven't been able to secure a confirmation number. (Trying to avoid not having a hotel room when I get there)

Flyfarfar

Last edited by The Weekly Flyer; Nov 21, 2006 at 8:29 am
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:01 am

Isn't the Pitrizza now closed until late spring? It is a fantastic property though.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:28 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
I've recieved a response from the Plat conceirge.

The hotel has not issued any confirmation numbers for 07 because they haven't recieved the "tarrifs for 07". They will contact people they are holding reservations for in the spring.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Marriott, UAL
Trip Report: Hotel Pitrizza Sardinia - Aug. 2006

We finally saved up the 100,000+ points needed for five nights in Sardinia at the Hotel Pitrizza. We had a truly amazing experience that I believe was worth every point and every penny.

Rooms: Each room is a private villa with a large sun deck on the roof. The rooms are a bit old but very comfortable and very beach themed. There are only 50 rooms and the grounds are very spread out so you almost never see anyone else for more than a fleeting second. Some of the most private rooms are actually on a private island where they deliver room service via rowboat.

The beach: The hotel has a beautiful private beach. The best part is they ask you which lounge chairs your would like and they become reserved for you for the entire week so you never have to worry about a chair. This also is not a problem because there are probably five chairs for every guest.

The food: The hotel has probably the best food I have ever eaten in my life. The downside heaven has a price. Despite staying on points we spent 500EU per day on food for three meals a day (inclusive). It was worth every penny and this plan also allows you to eat at any other hotel or nice restaurant on the island. The food was so good though that its worth the money.

The pool is an amazing infiniti salt water pool. One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The restaurant overlooks the pool and the ocean.

The downsides: Of course the costs of the food, but mostly its a very isolated area. You can't walk anywhere and without a car its hard to go anywhere so definitely rent one or hire a driver.

All in all, its not cheap even on points but worth every penny. The rooms in high season cost 3000EU per night so even at the new rate of 35,000 points per night every point is still worth almost 9 cents. Not bad.

For what its worth we also like Pitrizza better than Cala di Volpe or Romazzino. Its much more private and much less showy. No need to wear a suit or a tux to dinner at Pitrizza but expect lots of rich moguls near you at dinner from Russia, etc..
Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Excellent trip report, EP, although the cost of the food does seem a bit rich - glad you think you got fair value for it. And welcome to FT; this is a nice contribution.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks! Any comments on the Cervo in town?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has email contact for Pitrizza?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Any updates on recent stays?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a wonderful stay at Pitrizza last week. ^

Property is very remote. A car is a must unless you are on paid inclusive rate and plan to stay on resort. It has a completely different atmosphere than Romazzino or Cala di Volpe. Pitrizza is for couples who seek quiet retreat for their vacation. Most guests are AARP eligible and there are relatively few families with kids. Rooms/suites are spread out over many buildings and you hardly ever see anyone else even though property was fully booked. Great resort in a magnificent setting if solitude is what you seek.

Breakfasts are included, even for redemption, but other meals are expensive. Lunch is €100 and dinner is €200. They do have a la carte but you need to inquire about it. It was not proactively offered as most guests are on full board.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Jul 19, 2019 at 4:50 am
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I booked a basic room with points and - if it sticks - we have been upgraded to a two bedroom suite with private terrace and sea view.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:11 pm

The hotel has left Marriott and joined LVMH. It will reopen for the 2024 season unbranded, and will be rebranded Cheval Blanc Pitrizza, Costa Smeralda in 2026, following renovations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.