Funny food names on menus

Subscribe
As I was posting to the chicken wing thread, I was musing on the different ways wing shops describe/name their hottest sauce. "Melt your fillings" was the one I recalled. It reminded me of other funny named foods I have seen on menus. Now, I know the Brits serve some funny named stuff, but I'm guessing you'll find spotted dicks all over the place. I'm looking for the unique names only found in one spot.

My favorites come from a pair of related restaurants back where I'm from originally. I have no idea if Fitzwilly's still exists in Northampton, MA or Fitzsnuggy's is still on Riverdale Street in West Springfield.

Fitzsnuggy's named sandwiches for celebrities (no particular reason I know of). Their tuna salad was "Ike and Tina Tuna". Their cream cheese and olive sandwich was named Cream Abdul Jabbar.

I never discerned a pattern in Fitzwilly's food names. They had a m,ssive chocolate ice cream/cake dessert called "Daddy, I don't want to eat this".

In both places, they wouldn't take an order unless you used the exact name.

Others?
While in Saudi many years back, we snuck into a Thai place to grab a meal during prayer time. They had a menu item called Lady in Bath which was essentially a thin deep fried shrimp roll. (No other filling other than the shrimp and the wrap.) The tail of a long shrimp which stuck out of the bottom of the wrap looked like a pair of dainty female feet sticking out of a shower curtain (wrap).
At a restaurant in the town we lived in while in China, they served burro steaks with peppers. However, in translation it came out...

wait for it...

Spicy ... Meat.
OK - that was funny. I am still laughing.
Well done.
Apparently universal in Southern NH, I came across this term on 3 menus in a week:

Steak Bomb - refers to a fully loaded steak & cheese sub (actually, the local terminology is grinder - pronounced grindah)
As seen in a restaurant in central Stockholm (under the seafood portion of the menu)...

Scampi Indiana

Hmmm.
In the window of the Route 66 American Bar in Frankfurt they offered American Cocktails, Beer, Ice & Shake and, uh, Longdrinks.

Every now and then I find a funny name for a Chinese restaurant when I order in, like Foody Goody and Ho Lee Chow.

If you ever find yourself really bored in a hotel room, look up some of the names of hair salons in the phonebook. In SAV I saw…

Hair I Am (say it with a Georgia accent)
Sunnyside Up.
In Hawai`i, menus almost always have "Shrimps" (plural) instead of "Shrimp"
In a jazz bar in Tokyo where only drinks and snacks were served was an item called "Charm". I asked the waiter for better details and all he could say was "much charming". Even my husband who speaks basic japanese couldn't get a translation.
So we ordered it. It was a wicker bowl filled with assorted candies and crackers, each one individually wrapped. Imagine one potato chip in it's own sealed bag, or two peanuts in a little bag. Very silly to us, but quite charming to them.
This guy's got you all beat.

http://www.rahoi.com/2006/03/may-i-take-your-order.php
Quote: This guy's got you all beat.

http://www.rahoi.com/2006/03/may-i-take-your-order.php
Yes, he does.

I still have tears in my eyes from laughing.
I wanted to, I can also add "Hot Dog" to the list. To be honest, when I first heard of the term growing up as a child, I thought it was made out of dog meat.
There is a lot of CIGARETTE PIE on Turkish menus...

an unfortunate literal translation of a delicious pastry...
Quote: I wanted to, I can also add "Hot Dog" to the list. To be honest, when I first heard of the term growing up as a child, I thought it was made out of dog meat.
Having said that, "Real Hot Dog" should be plentiful in Korea.