Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Providence, RI - NOW LEFT SPG -[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Providence, RI - NOW LEFT SPG -[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Arrow Westin Providence, RI - NOW LEFT SPG -[Master Thread]

Does anyone have any recent experience with Westin Providence? I did a search and the most recent thread about this hotel was back in 2004. Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:57 pm

Not much to say... but I only tried the restaurant recently and really enjoyed it.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:55 am

Programs: AGR WOH
We held a convention there in June 2006. Large rooms, great views on the city side. Very nice location adjacent to convention center and Kennedy Plaza (the heart of the city); short walk through skybridge to a major mall (convenient if you're into that kind of thing). There's major construction underway on another tower, but I didn't notice any noise inside the room.

SPG Gold, but as convention staff got welcome amenities -- a bottle of wine. SPG floors are 20+, I think, dunno about club. Didn't eat there.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:17 pm

Have never stayed as a SPG member because we live in Providence, but do want to offer one thing. There is A LOT of construction going on right now on the adjacent lot. Did I mention a lot?

If you are a Plat, I would definitely call and request a room on the south side if possible, furthest away from the construction and the highway.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I was gonna book the Westin Providence for my next week visit. But then I found a triple starpoint promotion at the Sheraton airport location (free parking) so I don't even bother to think about it.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:20 am

Any recent stays here? Construction updates? Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:45 pm

bump

I'm also interested in hearing if there are any recent updates. I'm staying over in the PVD area and this hotel is $270 a night whereas the Sheraton next to PVD is $150. I'm only in the area for a night but would rather stay at a Westin than a Sheraton.

thanks
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:03 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i haven't stayed at the westin in years but i am at the sheraton pvd a lot and it is not that great. lots of fire alarms in the middle of the night and continually having to go to the desk for new keys. always something.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:46 am

I was there in August. No construction noise at night, per se. Just lots of directional signs, closed roads and route confusion.

Nice room, high floor (SPG Gold). Outstanding concierge who definitely made a professional impression. Rest of the staff were nice, if not indifferent. I think this is probably the better chain choice in the city.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:15 am

Stayed this past weekend. Nice place, clean room, and decent/friendly service. Didn't get to eat there as they were hosting a convention. Booked a standard room, upgraded to a nice corner room on a high floor (Gold). A convenient location as well.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Anything new? I'll be there next week and am currently a SPG Platinum.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DivMiler
Anything new? I'll be there next week and am currently a SPG Platinum.
Stayed there last month on a whim to hang out with friends. PLAT upgrade to a large-ish room in the new tower. Standard nice Westin fare - great bed, flat screen, minibar, etc. Nice having a real steakhouse instead of the old library bar. Solid Westin experience - nothing out of the ordinary good or bad.
Old May 19, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
I'll be in the PVD area at the beginning of June. Any updated feedback on this property, especially the service level?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:51 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here on Saturday night, as we decided we wanted to see WaterFire, and have a nice dinner and not have to worry about Federal Hill Parking. Booked AAA rate which was the same as Starpick rate.

Uneventful checkin at around 4PM. Desk clerk seemed to be new. We asked if any rooms had views of WaterFire, he told us that other buildings blocked the view. We found out later that many rooms have at least an oblique view -- we'd have asked for one of the better ones of those, if we knew that was a possibility.

Booked a King, got a high floor (20th) Corner King that had huge windows on two sides (one facing North, other facing West). And a very oblique view of the Providence river, where you could see the cauldrons. Any room further to the East side of the property, with a north exposure, would have a better view of the spectacle. East tower rooms, especially (or are those all residences?).

Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable. Hit the hot tub/pool on Sunday morning, very big hot tub, and very well heated. Pool towels were the smallest I've seen in decades, which was odd.

Checkout only issue was "at least 0 starpoints" on our folio, MOD admitted this happens "quite often", and he'll put in a manual fix, so we should see our points in 72 hours.

Would do again.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:19 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Out of my Element

Checkout only issue was "at least 0 starpoints" on our folio, MOD admitted this happens "quite often", and he'll put in a manual fix, so we should see our points in 72 hours.

Would do again.
*sigh*

Checked my SPG account last night, was given 400 points as "GOODWILL", on Monday. Room was $170, that should be 510 points, and no Stay credit.

How hard is it to do this right the first (or second) time?

Replied back to manager to see if it can be fixed. I'm sure it will be but it shouldn't take extra effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.