Firefox 2.0.0.1 Password Bank problem

Subscribe
Firefox just automatically installed 2.0.0.1 and then a message saying "to use password bank with this browser a support module needs to be installed. Although this broswer is too new and was not fully tested with password bank support module it should work. Install module now?"
I answered yes, as I have with all previous FF upgrades....it forces you to shut down and restart FF...however upon restarting the same message keeps coming back repeatedly....very irritating...
I thought Password Bank was a FF feature..so this 'too new' comment is perplexing.
Have others seen/experienced this?
Not that issue but I did the upgrade thing as well to FF 2.0.0.1 and wish I didn't.

Much prefer the older version.
Are you referring to the Password Manager that is built into Firefox, or a third-party software? I see several third-party (free/shareware/commercial) products called "Password Bank", but none of them look like Firefox extensions/add-ons.
I think this is third party software. I upgraded to 2.0.0.1 with no problems, I just had a couple of extensions I had to edit for the new max version.

If it had been a FF extension, FF would have warned you that the extension was incompatible with the new version.

Since it's not working properly anyway at this point, I'd look in add/remove programs and uninstall it.

FF does have a built in password manager. I use it and had no issues with the upgrade.

MCT
The password manager works for me in 2.0.0.1
Password Bank sounds like some sort of add-on. I've always just used the built-in password manager. Maybe you should try disabling that add-on?

The password manager does seem to have a bit of quirky behavior in 2.0.0.1. It fills in passwords with empty usernames now. Though it does fill them in correctly.

-David
The Password functionality built into Firefox works fine for me. It appears that Password Bank is designed to solve the same problem but it uses face recognition to verify your identity.
Password Bank is a part of the "Protector Suite QL" software that comes with Toshiba notebooks. I am experiencing the same problem but didn't manage to solve it.

Probably it's needed an update from this software's provider, but it doesn't come and they don't seem to notice this bug. In fact, I have not been able to find a lot on information regarding this.
Ok, I think I fixed it. Just had to download a copy of the software (ta8fputil_24842A) from www.toshibadirect.com, uninstall Protector Suite and reinstall it.

Just in case somebody has the same trouble and want to do this, remember that the f*** window does not allow to execute the uninstall program. When it (the window) appears during installation, you have to close it (by pressing "No" or "Yes", doesn't matter) and go on uninstalling Protector Suite ("Retry") as fast as you can. I also had problems with Microsoft OneNote; to install Protector Suite, it has to be closed, using Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del).
Once reinstalled, first time that the f*** window appears, select Yes. It works correctly, now (until next Firefox update, I'm afraid).

See you.
Quote: Firefox just automatically installed 2.0.0.1 and then a message saying "to use password bank with this browser a support module needs to be installed. Although this broswer is too new and was not fully tested with password bank support module it should work. Install module now?"
I answered yes, as I have with all previous FF upgrades....it forces you to shut down and restart FF...however upon restarting the same message keeps coming back repeatedly....very irritating...
I thought Password Bank was a FF feature..so this 'too new' comment is perplexing.
Have others seen/experienced this?
I've encountered the same problem after automatical update of firefox. Latest installed version of firefox was 2.0.0.2
To solve the problem download and install again the latest version of firefox, and update the Protector suite software from toshiba with the latest build.
You can find here:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ngdgnn.0&ct=DL
After reboot it will ask to add the module to firefox, andwer yes and enjoy.
Figured it out
If Firefox updates and Password Bank stops working, go into the protector suite configuration and disable the firefox integration, close the program, open it back up and re-enable the firefox checkbox. This worked for me.