Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dallas {US-TX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver

Hello:

My family and I recently stayed at the Hilton Dallas for one night, upon check-in I was given a corner room based on my gold status. It was a nice room on the third floor. At about 8pm the floor began to vibrate as we were right above the balroom, I called the front desk and spoke with the M.O.D. regarding my concern and he said by 9pm, he assured me he would have it shut-off. I then went to order room service, waited for 20 mins on hold before calling back to the mod to express my further complaints, he took my order then walked it over to room service. Upon arrival everything looked good until my son open his cheesburger combo to find a live spyder crawling in his cheesburger! I immedialtly put the lid on and walked it to the front desk to show the manager. He just said "O" sorry.... " I will refund a partial credit of the roomservice charge." About 45 mins went by and it was near 10pm and the music still going loud as could be. I then call back to the MOD and demand a room change. He then unwillfully changes me and my family to the Govenor's suite. Which was nice. I called the HHonors desk the next morning and filed a complaint the property. Has anyone else ever had such issues?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:52 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
[QUOTE=ballsandboards;6906687]Hello:

Upon arrival everything looked good until my son open his cheesburger combo to find a live spyder crawling in his cheesburger! I immedialtly put the lid on and walked it to the front desk to show the manager. He just said "O" sorry.... " I will refund a partial credit of the roomservice charge."

A "partial refund on your room service chagre" for finding a spider in your food!!! What do you have to find on your cheeseburger to qualify for a ful refund...snakes, frogs, lizards, etc? This M.O.D. should be reported! At the very least you should have received a free meal and an apology.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I've had awful problems ranging from lousy rooms, broken AC, broken elevators, leaky cielings and the dreaded rooms over the lounge (I believe it's the crocodile lounge)... Never again. i now stay at the Renaissance across 35. It's a nicer property, and parking is free.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
[QUOTE=boeing727;6907359]
Originally Posted by ballsandboards
Hello:

Upon arrival everything looked good until my son open his cheesburger combo to find a live spyder crawling in his cheesburger! I immedialtly put the lid on and walked it to the front desk to show the manager. He just said "O" sorry.... " I will refund a partial credit of the roomservice charge."

A "partial refund on your room service chagre" for finding a spider in your food!!! What do you have to find on your cheeseburger to qualify for a ful refund...snakes, frogs, lizards, etc? This M.O.D. should be reported! At the very least you should have received a free meal and an apology.
If this is the Hilton that has the mirrored exterior and is just off 35 on the right then I am not surprised. I had high hopes for a stay earlier this year (first time) and was disappointed. A bit of an attitude at the front desk when I asked for an upgrade and a REALLY loud function going on. I was on a high floor and still heard it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.