Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Charlotte, NC

Subscribe
I have a trip planned Aug. 3-5.

Somebody give me an idea of a good hotel (location, amenities, room quality) ... with good weekend rate and other FF perks.

Regards,

The Pickle

------------------
http://www.marriott.com
The Park Hotel!
The best rate at The Park - $109

Marriott - $109

What else ya' got.

I noticed Clarion (yawn) has $59.... but Hilton - CityCenter has $89/nite. - not bad.

Any other ideas?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
http://www.marriott.com</font>
Nice answer.

[This message has been edited by dingo (edited 07-28-2001).]
I don't know if it is still available, but the Marriott City Center was offering $59 on weekends. I was able to get that rate 2 weeks ago. It was part of the discounted rates Marriott was offering.
Stay at the Marriott City Center if you want to be very centrally located and get bonus points for priority status. However, the brand new Residence Inn is cleaner, cheaper, and offers free breakfast and dinner. The down side to the Residence Inn is that they only give 5X $$$ points whereas the Marriott City Center gives 10X + status bonuses.
I recommend The Park Hotel. It's one of the finest hotels in the world. If it's your first time there, they usually upgrade you to a suite. Dining room was OK.
From this weeks travelzoo:

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=10570095

Might be a cheap stay for anyone trying to qualify for a current promo.
I got the Marriott Charlotte City Center through Priceline for an upcoming stay; any comments on the hotel itself and parking? I'm going to be there on the weekend and I don't believe there's any game or anything then, so I would think parking would be easy and even free? Is on-street parking safe in the area? Does the Marriott have its own garage or just someone nearby?

Thanks!
Marriott recommendations in Charlotte, NC
Any suggestions as to which property to stay at for one night while in Charlotte?

There's a full service close to the airport called the Executive Park. Nothing too exciting around it, except for the Men's Club. There's another full service downtown. I've stayed at both of these and they are standard Marriotts. The TV's at the Executive Park are like 20 inchers...amusingly small for the huge space they allow. If I had my choice, I'd stay downtown. If it was just a quick trip, I'd stay by the airport.

There is also a Ren close to the airport but I've never stayed there.
I've stayed at the Executive Park property and have found the service to be friendly but inept. You will find this typical of the hospitality industry in Charlotte in general.

I would let location be the determining factor in your property choice.
There is a very nice Renaissance Suites next to the Coliseum. All rooms are very large suites. I actually prefer the Marriott City Center downtown, because they keep their indoor pool warmer :-). Just a quirky personal preference of mine. In my opinion the City Center Marriott is much better kept up than the Executive Park one. If I had a family with me I would choose the Renaissance because of size of rooms, otherwise I would go with City Center.
Thanks for the responses. Any comments on RI and SHS properties? We are enroute to South FLorida and are only stopping over one night for some R&R. I think we will be traveling along the I77.