Wiki Posts
Search

Why no Threshold Gifts > 300k?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM, QF Plat
Why no Threshold Gifts > 300k?

After lurking since the late 1990's on this board (well, CP originally), I have finally decided to contribute.

Why are there no threshold bonuses over 300k? I am sure there are more than a few of us that regularly make that level each year. Even the SE desk didn't know what 300k awards were still left, which doesn't help when deciding which alliance to prefer as the year ends.

How many SEs surpass the 300k status mile level annually? One SE agent mentioned the #1 SE has been granted SE membership for life. Is this something bestowed at the discretion of AC or is this an unwritten perk? Has anyone been successful in lobbying AC for lifetime E or SE status?

I expect to surpass 100k in 2007 by February. My patriotism is being challenged daily by the rapidly declining service due to staff cuts and the continual erosion of benefits. With the notable exception of the Concierges, what really is the difference between some who earns 35K a year and 35K a month? Perhaps I was spoilt by the heady days of CP Exec Platinum.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Robert A Milton
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
wait...here they are...

go ahead...have a hero biscuit...you've earned it...really, save us from drivel. Why no threshold bonus at 450,000? Or 600,000? I'm sure a few pass those levels every year...
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:02 am

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
go ahead...have a hero biscuit...you've earned it...really, save us from drivel. Why no threshold bonus at 450,000? Or 600,000? I'm sure a few pass those levels every year...

I don't know why you have this need to knock posters for posts about high mileage levels. The OP asks a legitimate question after being a long time lurker and you shoot this crap at him.

I remember when this board was a cordial and enjoyable place to talk about frequent travelling,

BTW groundradar welcome to FT

mpc1
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Your attitude is really disappointing.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by groundradar
After lurking since the late 1990's on this board (well, CP originally), I have finally decided to contribute.
With the amount you're travelling, you could probably add a great deal to our discussions. I hope you find time to post more frequently. A belated welcome to FT.

willflyforfood, feeling grumpy today?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome groundradar

As others have noted ,many here would be quite interested in your comments and feedback.The lifetime SE status is one that some here have not heard much about lately.Could provide some interesting debate.^
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Welcome and to reply to your post, A group of us has been pushing AC to give some "perks" for hitting 1 million miles.... its been over 2 years of active emails between us.... To be blunt, AC does not care, has no interest, and nothing is coming for high value flyers. [well other than more cuts]. We did not discuss threshold bonuses over 300k... however AC seems to have lost most of those truly high flyers to other programs. I might recommend you look at the same... get status in other programs after 100K at AC.
There are lots of options bantered around this board...
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
.... We did not discuss threshold bonuses over 300k... however AC seems to have lost most of those truly high flyers to other programs.....
Looks like there are still some high flyers at AC,much to your chagrin.

Many of us are ,for the most part,are quite happy with AC.

As you note,little formal response to date on the lifetime issue.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
lots of options
To some, lots = one.

groundradar, based on your registration date, I won't welcome you to FT, but will hopefully welcome you to active posting ^ -- especially these days, we can always use more insight from very FFers.

Simon
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
My guess is that there are not much SE that goes over 300K per year. If someone travels that much what would make him/her happy? I doubt that you actually have time to enjoy the Hummer of the 300K threshold (but your family may). For those that travelled that much, most likely they have switched to a different program to ensure their comfort across a broad range of carriers.

Of course, these are just my guesses.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by aaac
My guess is that there are not much SE that goes over 300K per year.
Other than the dearly departed MTacchi
Old Dec 10, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
We did not discuss threshold bonuses over 300k... however AC seems to have lost most of those truly high flyers to other programs.
In my case company policy dictates who we fly and AC is always the company's first choice. I can say that there more than a handful of significantly high flyers in my group that are still with AC well after 100K has been reached as a result and don't think many would change due to other factors:

- Frequency of flights
- Direct flights or fewer connections than going through ORD, SFO or DEN.
- Pass products allowing us to lock in project costs with the clients and giving us flexibility to change when needed.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:02 am

I would think that AC would have some unwritten benefits for those above 300k.

And yycguy2, you sound like an AC spokesperson, especially with the flight pass comment.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:18 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
...A group of us has been pushing AC to give some "perks" for hitting 1 million miles.... its been over 2 years of active emails between us.... To be blunt, AC does not care, has no interest, and nothing is coming for high value flyers...
I don't think the Million Mile recognition warrants much attention. We'll all eventually get there. If they do, someone will want one for 2, then 3 million miles.

I do however see great merit in awarding continuing annual milestones. I'd think that it would be in AC's intrest to retain anyone's spending that approached these huge levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.