Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:29 am
Original Poster

This is the rate that comes up if I book through the *wood z3r promotion (buy 2 get 1 free). With the Ugandan Shilling virtually worthless, what are the chances that this is what gets charged to my AMEX?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:22 am

I've been trying to book this since you posted, but after entering credit card info and clicking confirm it says "the system is temporarily unavailable". Phenominal rate though! Thanks OP.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:30 am

What dates? What website?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Here's the website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...de=Z3R&back=-1

I'm going to be there the 13th of February, and it's still working for me.

I actually booked it. We'll see what comes through on AMEX. The alternative was 9000 points for 3 nights, so even if it comes through as $200 + 17.7%, nothing lost.

I got the confirm from Starwood, and it still says Ugandan shillings. It also says breakfast for 2 is included, which it doesn't mention in the terms and conditions, but another poster mentioned.

Last edited by cooperhs; Dec 3, 2006 at 8:56 am
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:06 am

I booked in March - Dlx Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Villa, - I would love to see this happening :-) E-Mail confirmation is here
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:07 am

Thanks for posting this. I played around a bit on the spg site and found if you go through this page: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...847_TH&back=-1, you'll be able to select stays of any length and will have many more room choices (huge 2-bedroom villa with private pool for 1,100 UGX).
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:17 am

Is there any chance of being charged in USD at the beginning? Sure wouldn't want a $10,000 non-refundable charge to hit my CC.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I'm not getting in on Johnep1's link. I would have gone for the villa, but didn't want to pay USD in case that's how it got charged. I called AMEX, and they didn't have it come through yet. If anyone can confirm the charges with their CC, please post.

I suppose if you get charged in $, you've got cause to cancel, but that would be a pain.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by cooperhs
I'm not getting in on Johnep1's link. I would have gone for the villa, but didn't want to pay USD in case that's how it got charged. I called AMEX, and they didn't have it come through yet. If anyone can confirm the charges with their CC, please post.

I suppose if you get charged in $, you've got cause to cancel, but that would be a pain.
From the email I sent some friends:
1) Go to http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...SOP_LM_1847_TH

2) Change promotion code to z3r

3) Make special rate plan blank

4) Pick some dates (must be at lease 3 consecutive days, try January 15-18 to make sure the glitch is still there)

5) Click continue, you will get an error

6) On the left side, put in your dates again, scroll down and put z3r in the promo field, click search

7) Sort the available rates from high to low, you should get some rates in USD and some in UGX (Ugandan Shillings) that are each worth 0.00055 USD according to http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic. That makes the normally $1,100, 3,750 square foot, 2-bedroom oceanfront villa with private pool a whopping 60 cents a night. Make sure you select a rate thats in UGX.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I think this one is dead.

We're Sorry
The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada. Residents of all other countries, please see our Worldwide Reservations Offices.

Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by johnep1
Is there any chance of being charged in USD at the beginning? Sure wouldn't want a $10,000 non-refundable charge to hit my CC.
I'm getting quoted in USD. What about everyone else?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
I'm getting quoted in USD. What about everyone else?
That was all that I was getting, was USD. Now it seems that the system is down.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to work on some nights and not others. Per johnep1, his test nights still work as of 10:58 CST.

Last edited by AvalancheZ71; Dec 3, 2006 at 9:58 am
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
No longer seeing the long-stays, but am able to get the stay 2 get third free to come up in UGX.

YMMV
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by katz
I've been trying to book this since you posted, but after entering credit card info and clicking confirm it says "the system is temporarily unavailable". Phenominal rate though! Thanks OP.
Use firefox, IE gives you the error.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:37 am
Original Poster

I'm still getting it based on Johnep1's instructions. But doing it that way, you don't get the 1 night free

and I'm using IE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.