best economy seats

Subscribe
as it turns out i will probably end up going economy from yyz-ams any suggestions which seats are good? it's a 747 i'm not sure which version (300 or 400)

[This message has been edited by GreyOwl (edited 07-03-2001).]
I just confirmed that it's a 747-300
If they use the Combi version 9 ABC and 11 DE are pretty good seats.If you fly the All pax configuration try to get a seat in the first row, 2 C ist also very good.Again 9 ABC and 11 DE are the first rows of the second section of economy.
Although those seats are usually blocked for eltes and full fare pax, you have a chance by checking in early.
I agree with the above post. If you are flying economy, rows 11 to about 16 or so on the DE side. These seats offer a little more room on the side of the E seat next to the wall, which on the other side is the galley. Other than that it is still a coach seat with all the same spacous legroom and pitch. Book early.

My travel agent told me something about the front of the plane being business class on demand in other words if the business isn't full they make it premium economy for premium passengers can anyone confirm this?
No, NW and KLM call it Select Seating,but their is no difference to the other economy seats !! I will quote their information on this topic for you:
"The select seating zone is a reserved section at the front of the cabin, close to the doors for quick and easy boarding and deplaning.
KLM and Northwest Airlines full fare economy passengers, Royal and Silver Wing members and Northwest Elite members can reserve a seat in this section on intercontinental flights."
There is no premium eco or something like that...
There is no official premium economy as such. However, it is not infrequent for KL to reallocate part of the business-class cabin to economy passengers. This means economy service but business class seats. In practice, these seats tend to go to elite passengers (and possibly full Y fare pax?)

I have ended up in this section of the plane on flights to South America and, more frequently, on intra-European flights. This has never happened to me on flights to/from North America, however.

[This message has been edited by NickB (edited 07-05-2001).]