Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T1, T4, T7 oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T1, T4, T7 oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Best OW F Lounge at JFK

From my search, I assume the answer is that my best and only choice is the AC at JFK Terminal 9, but I'm just checking. Flying out of JFK to LHR in F and I may get to the airport 3 or 4 hours early. From the search, it looks like my only choice is the AC. Is that the case? If not, is there a better lounge, particularly an F lounge, where I should park myself before the flight? Thanks for any info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTES

This thread covers oneworld Lounges in JFK Terminals 1, 4, and 7. AA Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge are located in JFK Terminal 8 (previously Terminal 9) and are discussed in the following separate threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Sep 3, 2009 at 2:03 pm Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
The Terminal 9 AC is the only lounge in that terminal. There are of course other lounges at the airport but they are all in other terminals and in every case I can think of behind security. If they would even let you visit another behind-security lounge (which is highly doubtful), its so much of a hassle to do so.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Terminal 9 is a AA terminal not a OW one.

BA, CX and IB use the BA terraces F and J lounges at Terminal 7. Only BA F pax will get access to the Concorde lounge. OW FF Emerald status (including BA Gold) will not get you in.

Terminal 7 is the really the OW terminal which is shared with United.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 6:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
From my search, I assume the answer is that my best and only choice is the AC at JFK Terminal 9, but I'm just checking.
Are you sure you won't be flying out of T8, which is the other AA terminal at JFK? AA has a lounge there prior to security.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 8:33 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
For completeness, QF also uses T7. There is precisely one F lounge operated by Oneworld at JFK, and that is the BA F lounge airside in T7. You need a boarding pass for a departure from T7 in order to reach the lounge (that means you must be flying on BA, CX, IB or QF). There is one J lounge landside (AC in T8) and one J lounge airside in T9. Next year AA is supposed to open their much delayed FL in T9, so you will eventually be able to use an F lounge when flying AA out of JFK; but for now, J lounge it is. On the bright side, they make good espresso in the new T9 AC (so be sure to get a drink voucher).
Old Nov 3, 2006, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Terminal 9 is a AA terminal not a OW one.

BA, CX and IB use the BA terraces F and J lounges at Terminal 7. Only BA F pax will get access to the Concorde lounge. OW FF Emerald status (including BA Gold) will not get you in.

Terminal 7 is the really the OW terminal which is shared with United.
Oops, misread the question. Didn't realize he was asking about F lounges.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 5:29 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by number_6
For completeness, QF also uses T7. There is precisely one F lounge operated by Oneworld at JFK, and that is the BA F lounge airside in T7. You need a boarding pass for a departure from T7 in order to reach the lounge (that means you must be flying on BA, CX, IB or QF). There is one J lounge landside (AC in T8) and one J lounge airside in T9. Next year AA is supposed to open their much delayed FL in T9, so you will eventually be able to use an F lounge when flying AA out of JFK; but for now, J lounge it is. On the bright side, they make good espresso in the new T9 AC (so be sure to get a drink voucher).
Thanks for the fine summary... Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd ask here about terminal 4. I have never flown LAN or its subsiduaries before, but it looks like they're all out of that terminal. i have a flight leaving on Lan Ecuador in the next few days. Is there a dedicated lounge for biz-class pax? a shared lounge?

though unrelated, any advice on checkin time / security queues for an evening departure out of terminal four? right now, i'm planning to check in early and (in the absence of any info about a T4 lounge), heading to the AC in term 8 to relax before returning.

cheers
thx
Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by rpmkwpw
Thanks for the fine summary... Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd ask here about terminal 4. I have never flown LAN or its subsiduaries before, but it looks like they're all out of that terminal. i have a flight leaving on Lan Ecuador in the next few days. Is there a dedicated lounge for biz-class pax? a shared lounge?

though unrelated, any advice on checkin time / security queues for an evening departure out of terminal four? right now, i'm planning to check in early and (in the absence of any info about a T4 lounge), heading to the AC in term 8 to relax before returning.

cheers
thx
Might be better for you to ask this in the LAN forum.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never flown any airline in international business class that didn't provide some type of lounge access for business class passengers. (Of course excluding AA to Canada/Mex/Carib).

Unless you're an AC member, I don't think they'll let you in to the T8 AC, as LAN Ecuador is not joining OneWorld until some time in 2007. But in any event, it seems just plain silly to get to the airport that early to go to T4, check in, go to T8, hang out in a crappy lounge, and then go back to T4. I'm SURE you can find better things to do with your time...
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
is there not an AA F lounge at JFK? I swear JFK is one of the properties that has the F lounge as well as a Admirals Club.

Chris
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:29 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by chris78cpr
is there not an AA F lounge at JFK? I swear JFK is one of the properties that has the F lounge as well as a Admirals Club....
Announced but not yet built (will open mid 2007, at the base of T8 near gate 10). AA has been busily closing F lounges (BOS, MIA) faster than it has been opening them. In fact the only F lounge opened by AA in the past 5 years was paid for by QF. Thus LAX has it, but JFK does not (QF uses T7 so couldn't be coerced into paying for the T8 F lounge).
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I beleive that Lan still uses the Aer Lingus lounge in Terminal 4. I think that that lounge is landside.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 4:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I beleive that Lan still uses the Aer Lingus lounge in Terminal 4. I think that that lounge is landside.
You are probably correct:

Aer Lingus Lounge
Location details: Terminal 4 3rd floor

Opening hours: Daily 15:00-20:00

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges
Old Apr 1, 2007, 6:55 am

JFK lounge question

Tried search, but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Will be arriving into JFK on UA (Terminal 7) next Sunday around 9am. Will then be taking AA's flight to NRT out of T9 (I think it leaves at 11:50am).

That said, anyone know if the BA lounge (is it shared?) in T7 is open that time of day. I presume my Plat access would allow me in, or will they try to push me to the Admirals Club?

Also, having not been through JFK in a while, it looks as if the NRT flight leaves from the "main" portion of the terminal, while the AC is in the "satellite" portion. Are they within reasonable proximity?

Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: Some more than others
The first BA flight from JFK-LHR departs at 8:45 am, so I would assume the Terraces lounge would be open then. As an AA PLT traveling Intl on a Oneworld partner you should have access.

The AC in T9 is in the midfield terminal; however it is a <5 minute walk from gate 12 (the only gate in the main part of T9 that is open), so you should have no problem using it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.