Parking at Philadelphia 30th St Station

Subscribe
Does anyone know the best place to park to access 30th Street Station in Philadelphia? I looked at the garage next door and the website is telling me that it is 17 dollars a day. I am going to be gone four days and this will add up to qutie a bit of money. Unfortunately, I will need my car close by and cannot utilize any other form of public transportation to get to 30th St. Is there a better, cheaper place to park?
Philadelphia is a pricey city to park in (but not as expensive as DC or San Francisco). I've parked at the Amtrak garage across from 30th street station (in the Cira Centre building) and I would swear it was $22 a day...so $17 is cheap.
I assume you got the $17 price quote for the parking lot at 3051 JFK Blvd here:
http://www.philapark.org/parkingloca...FacilityID=233

Sounds like $17 is the better deal near the station, especially for weekdays.
But it looks like 24 hours costs $22.
At any rate, here's the link to all the Philadelphia Parking Authority facilities listed for the 30th St. Station area:
http://www.philapark.org/parkingloca...stinationID=13

Quote: I assume you got the $17 price quote for the parking lot at 3051 JFK Blvd here:
http://www.philapark.org/parkingloca...FacilityID=233

Sounds like $17 is the better deal near the station, especially for weekdays.
Quote: But it looks like 24 hours costs $22.
At any rate, here's the link to all the Philadelphia
You're right. Man . . . what a ripoff!
Depending on how "close" you need to be, you can park across the river on 24th Street. There are a number of lots there that run about $15/day.
Parking is up to $28/day here now...any cheaper places around the station?
Quote: Does anyone know the best place to park to access 30th Street Station in Philadelphia? I looked at the garage next door and the website is telling me that it is 17 dollars a day. I am going to be gone four days and this will add up to qutie a bit of money. Unfortunately, I will need my car close by and cannot utilize any other form of public transportation to get to 30th St. Is there a better, cheaper place to park?
Have you looked into what it would cost to park in a remote lot at the airport and take what I still call the Septa R1?

Bob H
Quote: Parking is up to $28/day here now...any cheaper places around the station?
Some of the Amtrak stations a short ride up the Keystone line don't care about cars parked in their lots for even weeks on end. And some of those may actually take less time to get to 30th Street than the airport lot + SEPTA option, although that is a good backup option.
Center City Philadelphia is a parking ripoff.

My usual option is to find a suburban station with plentiful nearby free street parking and take either commuter rail or a trolley in.

I've also parked at the airport in economy and took the airport line in for longer trips where I didn't want to leave my car on a strange street for a week or two.

Due to the terrible traffic near 30th street, the commuter rail is often a pretty good option, if you park near a station that is on the way to your final destination. (For example, if you're going to NJ, park near the Trenton or Atlantic City line.).

Google maps street view can be good for scouting out streets that allow for free overnight parking in the burbs.